Can you please let me know a couple of things:
1. What is the exact behaviour on trying to open any PDF i.e. Is it throwing some error message or it just doesnt open?
2. Is this behaviour seen only when the Reader is accessed through the Citrix Environment? OR is the behaviour also seen on the Server as well?
Actually the behaviour is the same....if you try to open pdf in bro
wser nothing happens, if you go to the exe (AcroRd32.
exe) right click-open, nothing happens. By the way the 32 bit version of IE also does not open.
1 person found this helpful
Most likely, your installation has become corrupt. Can you try repairing the application through Control Panel. The steps are detailed below:
1. Click Start > Run. Type in appwiz.cpl
2. In the dialog box that opens, find the entry for Adobe Reader
3. Click on Modify/Repair/Change button.
4. Follow the instructions on the dialogs that follow. Restart the system if necessary.
Hopefully this should fix any corrupt file(s) in your installation.
Unfortunately I will not be able to test the procedure as the app was reinstalled yesterday and this seems to have done the trick. I have made note of the procedure you listed for future reference. Looks like you hit the nail on the head in terms of what the problem was though. Thanks again!