0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 2:02 PM by RKaster

Odd XML folder reading error.

RKaster Level 1

I'm working on an application right now which sort of works like a gallery. Anyway, that's mostly besides the point.

I've encountered a problem which has me puzzled, and it involves the HTTPService call. I've made the url dynamic, in that the person can change url="(This right here)" according to the supplied strings in the menu. I was having this error right here:

"Error #1090: XML parser failure: element is malformed." faultCode="Client.CouldNotDecode" faultDetail="null"

The file is located in the "src" folder, and the url is "bob/blue.xml"

I'm aware of what this error could mean, such as what it's finding isn't XML. At first I thought there was a problem with my code, but after going changing the location from bob/blue.xml to a folder higher where the link could simple read as "blue.xml" it worked just fine. This has me a little baffled. Am I not suppose to type "foldername"/"filename".xml for XML files? If not, then what do I type exactly?

The help is appreciated. I hope this makes sense. I need the XML to be located within a file, but I get that error if I put it inside of the file.