3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 1:38 PM by Zac Lam

cs4 plugin install path

Petro Gretchanei Level 1

Hello,

I have a question  about premiere pro plugin installation. In the docs it says that

On  Windows, the common plug-in path can be found in the registry in the  following key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Adobe/Premiere  Pro/CurrentVersion/Plug-InsDir

however, when I browse my  registry, there is no key "Adobe"  under "Software". I uninstalled and  reinstalled Premiere Pro to be sure that it is not my install screw up.  It is still missing after I did complete uninstall and installed  Premiere Pro again. To be more specific, I only installed Premiere Pro  and programs that it depends on, if that is important. Can you guys  confirm that that registry entry is created during adobe install?

Meanwhile,

let's  assume that key "Plug-InsDir" exists in registry. Would the plugin path  be in (Default) string value or another string value under the same  key? What's the name of that string value if it is not in default string  value?

Thank you,

Petro

• 1. Re: cs4 plugin install path
          Zac Lam Adobe Employee

Hi Petro,

Are you working with a 64-bit version of Windows?  If so, the registry keys for 32-bit programs like Premiere Pro CS4 will be a little different:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Premiere Pro\CurrentVersion

Does that key exist in your registry?

Zac

• 2. Re: cs4 plugin install path
            Petro Gretchanei Level 1

thanks Zac,

it definitely does. So, a followup question concerning retrieving common plug-ins directory: now that there is a difference in where to look up the path, a good installer on windows should be ready to handle both cases: 1) installing on 32 bit only os, in which case the path would be where docs say it is, and 2) installing on 64 bit machines, in which case the path location is where you pointed out? Also, to double-check, plugin location on mac hasn't changed from /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/[version]/MediaCore , right?

thanks,

Petro

• 3. Re: cs4 plugin install path
              Zac Lam Adobe Employee

Hi Petro,

This Wow6432Node is for the specific case of installing a 32-bit app on a 64-bit OS.  And it's not specific to Premiere Pro CS4, but has to do with the registry redirectory on 64-bit OSes: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384232%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Since Premiere Pro CS5 is a 64-bit native app, it will once again create the registry keys on a 64-bit OS as originally documented, without the Wow6432Node.

Also, to double-check, plugin location on mac hasn't changed from /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/[version]/MediaCore , right?

Yes, that hasn't changed.

Regards,

Zac