4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2012 12:46 PM by OliaMa

Ai file won't import into Catalyst

Ferguda123

I am trying to open my first AI project in Flash Catalyst but it is not being friendly to me (or I to it evidently)

I am getting the following error message when trying to open the Ai from Catalyst...

"The design file you have selected has too many objects to import to Adobe Flash Catalyst"

It then tells me I should flatten some layers.

I can't see this being the case because I only have 25 total layers comprising of:

2 simple rectangle paths w/gradient

2 arrow symbols

2 Jpegs

19 text layers

I'm on a running Snow leopard on a Mac Pro.

-Daniel

• 1. Re: Ai file won't import into Catalyst
          robhuddles Level 2

From what you are describing, you should be able to import the file. Would it be possible for you to post the Illustrator file so we could take a look and see what is going on?

• 2. Re: Ai file won't import into Catalyst
            Ferguda123 Level 1

I have since stripped the project down to the culprit.  It was evidently a style that was placed on the text layers.  I recreated all the text layers as basic text with no stroke or style and it imported fine.  I would post the project but I was too eager to delete it from my existence once I found the answer.  Thanks for the response.

• 3. Re: Ai file won't import into Catalyst
              Ed@SF Level 1

@Ferguda123:

THANK YOU for your post. Without it, I would have wasted so much time trying to figure out what to fix based on such a vague "too many objects" error as I described in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/776659?tstart=0

Ferguda123 wrote:

I have since stripped the project down to the culprit.  It was evidently a style that was placed on the text layers.  I recreated all the text layers as basic text with no stroke or style and it imported fine.  I would post the project but I was too eager to delete it from my existence once I found the answer.  Thanks for the response.

• 4. Re: Ai file won't import into Catalyst
                OliaMa

I have the same problem reffered above. I am trying to import an .ai map from the illustrator and i am getting the error that ,my file has too many objects.What can i do?i tried to rasterize some layers (although i didnt like the new analysis of them) and i have the some problem.Can anyone or you Rob check my file and see if you can help me??