8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 3:39 PM by the_wine_snob

Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5

DVDmike Level 1

Has anyone been able to contact Surcode to transfer a previous PP Surcode DD license to CS5?  I sent an e-mail some time ago and never received a response.  If anyone has been successful, who did you contact?

• 1. Re: Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I cannot believe that Minnetonka has not responded. I will soon be in the same situation, but in the past, they have been wonderful at responding.

Good luck, and I am looking closely at this thread,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5
            DVDmike Level 1

My prior experiences with them have been great in transferring the licenses to the new machine before too.  I think that I sent 2 e-mails, but it has been a few months now and nothing and I forgot about it.  It has not been an issue since all I have been doing is stereo DVD's.  Tonight, I sent an e-mail to the last person at Surcode who helped me instead of a general support e-mail address.  If he is still at Surcode, maybe he will help me out.

But I just want to make sure that they are even still transferring licences.  I wish that they would go to a licensing/activation - deactivation scheme like Adobe has so that we don't need to contact them and wait...

• 3. Re: Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I think that this was for CS4, but IIRC, one only needed to add in their activation #, and all was taken care of. Not sure of how things might be with CS5, especially with the 64-bit aspect.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5
                sookoll

I had surcode for CS4 and also upgraded to CS5. So couple of months ago I sent the e-mail, and also got an auto answer. I didnt really even read it through and also waited and nothing happened. Then I finaly read that auto answer, and it was that they no longer offer support by e-mail and had a link to web support for in it (www.minnetonkaaudio.com/support/support.html).

After I filled that form I was contacted promptly and they supplied me with new codes.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5
                  DVDmike Level 1

Thanks.

That form on the web site is not exactly self explanatory.

What is "ilok"?

I do not know what my serial number is.  None of my records ever have shown a serial number, just an activation code.  My system code is now much longer and spells out words where before it was more like a 6 digit code.

• 6. Re: Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

Minnetonka switched to a different licensing engine, hence the different machine code. Just send them a mail and you will have a new activation code within 24 hours. Maybe your earlier mail got lost. Just try it again. I have great experience with their service and prompt replies. Maybe include a copy of their earlier mail with the previous activation code and your earlier order.

• 7. Re: Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5
                      DVDmike Level 1

Last night I sent an e-mail to the person who helped me last time and he generated a code for me and sent it to me via e-mail.  So I am not activated! 

I told them that I also filled out the web form so they don't try to process me again.

Anyway, I am good to go.

• 8. Re: Surcode Dolby Digital License Transfer to CS5
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

DVDMike,

Great news, and interesting to hear about the e-mail support change. I wonder if my "contact" is still there. I'd better not delete any old e-mails!!!!

Thanks for posting back the mechanics of the update, and good luck,

Hunt