4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 8:10 AM by Marla5mkd

Extension manager CS5/Windows 7 64 help please

llgutherie

Today I installed Design Premium CS5 successfully via download on my PC Win7(64).  I want to install the fxg extensions for Photoshop and have downloaded the file from Adobe.  When installing the file via Extension Manager, running as administrator, I get the message "you do not have the appropriate permissions required to perform this operation....etc"  I am the only user on this machine and am administrator.  On advice from a forum thread I downloaded the latest version of Extension Manager and installed it, with no joy.

I see in the forums that I am not the only one with this issue.  Surely someone has an answer.  Please?

• 1. Re: Extension manager CS5/Windows 7 64 help please
          chengyon Level 1

Please right click the Extension Manager executable or its shortcut from start menu and choose “Run as Administrator” to launch Extension Manager, then installation should succeed.

• 2. Re: Extension manager CS5/Windows 7 64 help please
            irvinep79

Just had this exact problem trying to install the 3d materials for PhotoShop CS5 Ex.

I am also in Win 7 x64.

Right clicking the shortcut in the start menu yielded no positive outcome.

However, right clicking the start menu shortcut --> properties --> Open File Location then right clicking the actual program and running as Administrator fixed the problem.

Hope this helps further!

Paul.

• 3. Re: Extension manager CS5/Windows 7 64 help please
              NightSkyGuy Level 1

On my system, the ZXP extension manager suffix doesn't have a "Run as Administrator" option.  After pulling out my hair I discovered I could run "Command" as administrator and get the job down that way. Here is how it works.

1. Open the start menu.
              2. Type "CMD" in the search bar.
                Windows7_64_StartMenu.jpg
              3. Right click cmd and select Run as Administrator
                Windows7_64_StartMenu-001.jpg

4. Change directory to where the installer is (in this case it's Russell Brown's Services and on my desktop)
              5. Run the command (e.g. CS5Services_Installer_2.3.1.zxp) by typing in its complete name.
              6. Voila. It works.
              • 4. Re: Extension manager CS5/Windows 7 64 help please
                Marla5mkd

This worked for me too. I had to call our help desk though because I didn't know how to change the directory in the command prompt.

So, for step 4 to navigate to the directory:

in the command prompt, type cd.. to navigate out of a directory

to get into the directory type cd then a space and then the name of the directory

i.e. cd MyFolder

Once you're in the directory then just type in the complete name as steven says