5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2010 6:57 AM by Ann Bens

All Files option missing

Debbie Keller Level 1

Does anyone know if the option to show "All Files" in the Import dialog box will be returning? Or, is the "All Files" option now only available in the Media Browser?

• 1. Re: All Files option missing
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Makes no sense to include UNsupported files in the import, does it? Why would you want to import let's say BAT, DOCX, XLSM, AU3 or other unsuported files?

• 2. Re: All Files option missing
            Debbie Keller Level 1

I am a teacher in a high school and recently had a textbook published on Premiere Pro CS5. The option was available in previous versions and apparently in some of the BETA. That is the way I wrote some instructions in the text and now it is not available.

I would like the students to be able to open a txt file and copy and paste some text into a Title. When teaching students it is much easier to keep them inside one application rather than switching between applications when they are first learning a program.

Also, it is still available via the Media Browser. Why would you be able to do it one way and not the other when both options were available before?

Would my reason change the answer to my question? If you don't have anything useful to answer to a thread why are you commenting?

• 3. Re: All Files option missing
              Colin Brougham Level 6

Premiere doesn't use text files. You can actually import a text file by dragging and dropping it into a bin, but it still opens in Notepad (or whatever text editor is default).

You can cheat the file type filter in the import dialog by typing *.* (that's Shift+8, period, Shift+8) in the file name box, but as far as an "All Files" filter... nada.

• 4. Re: All Files option missing
                Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Congratulations on your book.

I think it was left out by error, but that's the problem with "undocumented features."

Who would ever have guessed you can open a text file from within Premiere?

In CS5, you can still drag and drop a .txt file into the project bin, and it will open with notepad.

Edit: or what Colin said.

• 5. Re: All Files option missing
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

please file a feature report if its greatly missed.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform