2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2010 7:40 AM by KJTroy

RemoteObject over HTTPS disconnects after each method invocation

KJTroy

Hi, I have an AIR application developed using Flex 3. The AIR application is configured to talk with a BlazeDS server (Tomcat/Turnkey) configured with the standard secure-amf channel & HTTPS connector. This all works fine except that we noticed that if we make multiple calls using a RemoteObject it results in many connections being created, one per invocation on the service. As the calls are made one after another I would have expected that the client would re-use the same connection to avoid having to go through the whole SSL handshake every time. As far as we can see from sniffing the network connection the client is closing the connection after the invocation completes (we can see socket resets) .

Is this the expected behaviour? Is there some magic flag that we are missing?

This is a major problem for us as our clients use the application from remote sites an this is adding a large latency to our application.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Channel definition we are using is

<channel-definition id="my-secure-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">

<endpoint url="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amfsecure" class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>

<properties>

<add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers>

<polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled> // I've tried this on and off with no effect

</properties>

</channel-definition>