• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are full admin rights required to generate webhelp in RH8?

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team has used RoboHelp for the past 10+ years, upgrading as needed. We were granted full admin rights on our PCs by our IT department several years ago so that our HTML webhelp would generate properly using RH5. We have now upgraded to RH8 but the IT department is going to take away our full admin rights. 

Do we still need full admin rights on our PCs to generate HTML webhelp projects in RH8?  The Installing and Activating RoboHelp topic on www.grainge.org is not clear on this.

We typically copy the entire RH8 project to our C drive, work and generate there and then move them back to our company network drive for deployment.

If someone can help claify for us it would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK the full admin rights were only required (X5, RH 6, RH 7) for the initial RH installation and the one-time opening and generating of a project. Full rights could then be disabled. (Of course, this enable/disable process would have to be repeated anytime an uninstall/reinstall had to be performed.)

Peter's on holiday till next week, but it seems to me he's stated in other postings that even that is no longer required in RH 8 (although I guess it couldn't hurt).

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response - now I have another question.  If our IT department has 'locked down' certain folders on our PCs behind a firewall, would that impact how RoboHelp generates the WebHelp?  I know the application used to do a temp save to the root of the C drive and without admin rights to our PCs we could not generate help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is no, admin rights are not required to generate webhelp or any other output. They are required to install RoboHelp but are not required thereafter. You do of course need write permissions for the folder to which you are generating but that should be on your hard disk and therefore automatic.

Your IT department can check your permissions.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp