Did you switch to yes the radio under 'Are you using HTTP Streaming or Flash Access 2.0?'? You should see the embed code change the name of the swf to FlashMediaPlayback_101.swf.
Can you also host the f4m file on a public server, so that we try troubleshooting it?
Thanks for the quick advice. I did just now try both options on 'Are you using HTTP Streaming or Flash Access 2.0?' from your suggestion and that did not make a difference (the name of the .swf did change as you suggest).
My suspicion is that it is a cross domain issue as I just installed Strobe on my site and I could play both the example .f4m from OSMF as well as my own .f4m.
If you think that there should not have been a cross domain issue, my .f4m is located at:
... (actually decided I should PM this instead)
and you can give it a try. For now, I'll mark my question as answered.
Yes, you are right
You don't have a crossdomain.xml in your site. You have two options for fixing this:
1. Place this file osmf.org/crossdomain.xml in the root of your server
2. Host the StrobeMediaPlayback on your site. You can take it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/smp.adobe/files_beta/
I advise you to go with 1, if it's possible.
Thanks. Option #1 and option #2 both work. For any others reading this thread, below is the crossdomain.xml file you will put at the root of your site:
<!-- http://www.osmf.org/crossdomain.xml -->
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
Be sure to put it at the real root of your site, not where your .f4m resides if it is in down in subdirectories.