7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2010 11:32 AM by Steve Grisetti

Missing Presets

JeffPriest

Hi All,

I've just re-installed Elements 8 on my new machine and I've noticed that some of the presets are missing. In particular the Quicktime presets for the Cable DSL required for outputting YouTube quality videos mentioned in this thread (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2759378#2759378). I do have the presets for 128k Dual and LAN

I do have the latest version of Quicktime installed.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Many thanks,

Jeff

• 1. Re: Missing Presets
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have a look under Share/Personal Computer and Share/Portable Device.

If you're trying to output an MOV file, you can output it from either of these Share destinations and then use the YouTube (or Facebook) site tools to upload it to the site. This often produces a much cleaner video than loading an FLV directly from the program.

Meantime, have you gone to Edit/Preferences and updated the Web Sharing settings?

• 2. Re: Missing Presets
            JeffPriest Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. I have been trying to output the video in MOV format and I've been doing it from the Share option, under personal computer, Quicktime. When I selec the drop-down for MOV options, Cable/DSL is not an option that is available to me. I only have the option for 128k and LAN. Any idea why this is?

Also, I don't see the 'Share with a Portable Device' option either.

Thoughts?

Screen-shot.jpg

• 3. Re: Missing Presets

Check out John Cloudman's advice in this FAQ (from the FAQs located to the right of this forum).

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549?tstart=0

You'll need to click the Advanced button and create your own output preset. But, once you do you, you can name it and it will always be there in the future.

• 4. Re: Missing Presets
                JeffPriest Level 1

Hi Steve,

I've done this in the past, however, my issue is that the preset for Cable DSL is not an available option to me after my new install. Any idea why this is or how I can fix it?

• 5. Re: Missing Presets

I don't know that it ever was for a Computer/Quicktime output. The LAN option is the closest.

• 6. Re: Missing Presets
                    JeffPriest Level 1

Hi Steve,

I'm not trying to drag this out, but i'm not finding this setting that John refers to below. Any ideas at all? Anyone?

"John Cloudman offers further advice:

From the Share tab,  choose Personal Computer and then QuickTime.  Choose the Cable Modem,  DSL preset and then click the Advanced button."

Many thanks,

Jeff

• 7. Re: Missing Presets

That may refer to an earlier version. But, unless someone knows differently, I don't think it was included in versions 8 or 9.

Either way, you get the same results, since John's instructions are for creating a custom output setting.