3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2007 3:12 AM by Authorgirl

Linking within glossary

Authorgirl Level 1
      Hi, I am creating a glossary using the glossary tab for the first time and I wonder if it is possible to link between entries. For example, if I am writing 'See CG' it would be nice if that could be a link.
      There is no obvious way to do this - does this mean it is a bad idea?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Linking within glossary
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi Authorgirl

Sorry, but there is simply no way to accomplish that with the glossary.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Linking within glossary
            RoboColum(n) Level 5
            Hi Authorgirl. In a previous life I decided on not using the glossary feature for precisely this reason. I had a separate project containing 26 topics (named A to Z) which enabled me to link between definitions using bookmarks. I used drop down text for the definitions. This project was merged into the master TOC. This may be a sledgehammer and nut scenario but, hey, it worked.
            • 3. Re: Linking within glossary
              Authorgirl Level 1
              Thanks Rick, it's good to know I'm not missing out on an amazing feature!

Thanks Colum, that's an idea. Previously, I have just had a 'glossary' topic and used bookmarks but I decided it is too confusing for our users to have to open a new topic just to use the glossary. So I thought the tab would be neater. It seems strange to me that there is no way of linking within it.