6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2010 9:13 AM by Steve Grisetti

PE 7 - burn problem on DVD

marcv29041980

Hello,

I have already burned DVD in the past with menus with PE7 but now when I try to do it, the program crashes before strating burning the DVD.

I can export it to my computer but then I loose my menus.

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Marc

• 1. Re: PE 7 - burn problem on DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can burn the DVD files to a folder on your hard drive and you won't lose the menus. In fact, as I say in my books, if you're going to make multiple copies, it's the smart thing to do!

Just go to Share/Disc/DVD and select Folder from the drop-down list.

This will produce a VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive. You can then use any DVD burner software to produce a playable disc copy of this folder and its contents and you'll have a DVD about 5 minutes!

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PE 7 - burn problem on DVD
            marcv29041980 Level 1

Thanks Steve.

The problem is that I tried this as well and it is the same problem.

It crashes everytime I want to share on Disc (whether on folder or on disc directly)

I didn't have this problem before though

• 3. Re: PE 7 - burn problem on DVD
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you tell us more about your computer?

One of the main areas, that might hold a clue, will be the I/O sub-system, i.e. your HDD's, their size, speed, amount of defragmented free space, controller type and how you have them allocated.

This ARTICLE will give you tips on the info that might be very useful.

The inability to burn to disc or to folder indicates a problem and the first place to check would be the system, then the Project itself.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PE 7 - burn problem on DVD
                marcv29041980 Level 1

thanks for this as well.

I can certainly look for those information but the think that strikes me is that I already burned DVD with the same computer and had no problems doing so.

So my guess was that the problem could not be linked to my operating system if it already worked before.

If you think it could, I'll have to look for the detailed information you mention.

• 5. Re: PE 7 - burn problem on DVD
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, if the HDD's have become filled, since the last time that you burned the DVD, that could very well be the reason that it failed now - hence the questions. We might well be able to rule that out, and if we can, it will be possible to concentrate on other possibilities.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: PE 7 - burn problem on DVD
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, if you encode a DVD and burn it and then try to run the program through the whole process again to create another DVD, it can cause problems. That may be what happened to you.

That's why it's better to create a VIDEO_TS folder. You can make as many copies of it as you'd like and you won't have to send the program through the whole encoding process again.