0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2007 11:37 AM by VOURNEAUX

Possible or impossible?

VOURNEAUX
      I built a screen-based Flash app (Flash 8 Pro, actionscript 2.0), copied all of the assets from the SlideShowPro Wet Floor demo and placed them on a screen (slide) in exactly the same way they exist in the demo (layers, instance names...). When I publish the app (targeting Flash Player 8 or 9) the SlideShowPro component works perfectly, but the Wet Floor effect is nowhere to be found. In the past with my screen-based apps, when I've worked with movieclips that require actionscript to function properly (go figure!) I've had to insert things like "_root." or "_parent.[name of slide]". For example:

on (press) {
      _parent.blackscreen.fx.gotoAndPlay(2);
      _root.mov = "4";
      }

If I remove the "_parent.blackscreen." or the "_root." this particular button/movieclip animation simply will not work in my screen-based app.

I believe that I have to do the same type of thing with the Wet Floor actionscript, perhaps in addition to adjusting some or all of the linkage/export properties of the movieclips?

One thing I did notice with the Wet Floor actionscript, is that when I added "_root." to the "reflection_mc.setMask(reflectionMask_mc);" line, the gradient effect actually shows up! Of course the entire Wet Floor refection effect still does not. I tried adding "_root." and "_parent.[name of slide]" elsewhere in the code but none of the other missing aspects of the Wet Floor effect showed up.

Here is what my code looks like as of right now (identical to the Wet Floor demo code except for my addition of the "_root." piece):

import flash.display.*;

// CREATE BITMAPDATA OBJECT
      // PARAMETERS: WIDTH/HEIGHT
      // Set these values to the width and height of SlideShowPro
      var bmd:BitmapData=new BitmapData(1002,376);

// ATTACH BITMAP TO REFLECTION MOVIECLIP
      // Reflection movie clip should be the same dimensions as SlideShowPro
      reflection_mc.attachBitmap(bmd,1);

// CACHE REFLECTION AND MASK MOVIECLIPS
      // Necessary for gradient masking
      reflection_mc.cacheAsBitmap=true;
      reflectionMask_mc.cacheAsBitmap=true;

// APPLY GRADIENT MASK
      _root.reflection_mc.setMask(reflectionMask_mc);

// EVENT FOR DRAWING BITMAP
      this.onEnterFrame = function() {
      bmd.draw(my_ssp);
      }

stop();

I believe the key to making it work may be here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Liv eDocs_Parts&file=00002437.html

or here

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/s...hlight=screens null ml">null[L=null

I DON'T KNOW. PLEASE HELP! THANX...