2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 8:18 AM by Hodmi

I can't seem to get my form to send as a unedible PDF file

CindyFuentes1 Level 1

I created a form with drop down lists, date, and check boxes with a submit button to e-mail the users when it is complete. I can get the the form to attach to the email program and send it but it is still editable. I need for this one person to fill out the form, click the submit button to e-mail the form as a PDF document. What am I doing wrong. I created this form in Adobe Lifecycle Designer 8.0. Please see a screen shot below. When the user completes the form AND clicks on the "send e-mail' button I want it to send a PDF file with the information that she filled out. I am getting that but I can still change the dates and hospitals and check boxes and that is what I DON'T want. I want the PDF form to be like a document. Any one have any ideas. I have just started working with Adobe and and Adobe lifecycle so I am not proficient. (at all!)

daily_cash.JPG

• 1. Re: I can't seem to get my form to send as a unedible PDF file
          CindyFuentes1 Level 1

Hello all,

I've got my form set to "readonly" when I hit the e-mail button. That all works now, the document is ready only and is e-mailed out.Now however, I need to get the form to go back to a blank or "ready" state, meaning that the form is blank and it is an interactive document again.

I tried putting an exit button on the form but after I press the e-mail button everything is non-interactive. The only way I can get it back to interactive is to press the 'x' and then the "do you want to save" question comes up. What I would like to do is have the user press the EXIT button and it closes without saving or asking the question "do you want to save". Is this possible? if so, can you help me with an example of the script that would do that?

Thanks

• 2. Re: I can't seem to get my form to send as a unedible PDF file
            Hodmi Level 4

You may want to post these questions to either the Designer or Forms forum as you aren't using LiveCycle Output ES.