16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 5:29 AM by Jarliei

Down memory lane

Jarliei Level 1

Each time I open my project, in answer to “Where is X?” I need to re- navigate back through the Media Browser in order to point at a particular file. Is there any way of forcing PreProCS5 to remember previously accessed files?

thanks guys.

• 1. Re: Down memory lane
          Tminus10web Level 2

The whole 'locate file X' dialogue should only happen if you moved or renamed your video or audio asset (or renamed one of the folders it is stored in) since it was originally imported.  This can typically be avoided by not moving or renaming your files.

If your data is stored on an external drive, this can be complicated by the changing of drive letters, say if you unplug the Drive, plug in a new one, and then plug the first one back in.

If the file is not moved or renamed, and the filepath is not altered by renaming folders or reassigning drive letters, you should not experience this dialogue in the first place.

• 2. Re: Down memory lane
            Jarliei Level 1

dasaven2

many thanks,you are correct.

• 3. Re: Down memory lane
              Jarliei Level 1

mmm……..

Back to square one.

my system keeps searching for this missing file not withstanding that I have not change it’s location or parameters.

Also, and I am not sure if this should be a new topic or not - Default search parameters appears as a Photoshop file.

Also, ditto re topic - I am getting the following message:

Quote ”Missing Renderer

This project was last used with Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration, which is not available on this system; Mercury Playback Engine Software Only will be used. “ unquote.

Ideas?

• 4. Re: Down memory lane
                Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is this a new problem?  Your original post appears to be premiere asking for the location of an asset file that is part of the project.

Quote ”Missing Renderer

This project was last used with Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration, which is not available on this system; Mercury Playback Engine Software Only will be used. “

This is not an asset file; did you have mpe working when last saved?

• 5. Re: Down memory lane
                  Jarliei Level 1

Stan

I do not know if or how to have saved in a MPE, therefore I am not sure if it is the same or a different problem. are they related?

• 6. Re: Down memory lane

I'm chuckling away trying to figure out how not to confuse things more!

The message you described about MPE (whether the hardware/grahics card accelerated effects are on or whether only software MPE is working) has nothing to do with the media browser asking where an ASSET file is.  So I think the problems are unrelated.

Can you post a screenshot of the problem message(s) you are seeing?

• 7. Re: Down memory lane
                      Jarliei Level 1

A.      Launching a new project.

missing renderer.jpg

A.      I have clicked ‘ OK ‘ above.

wher is file.jpg

Note:

1.       Bottom R/H corner –  Unexplainabley it reverts to a Photoshop default.

2.       Top L/H corner – again searching for a file that was previously used.

• 8. Re: Down memory lane
                        jeremy d. Level 3

Yeah, Stan's right, these are two different situations.

SO

Maybe someone else has a better idea, but I'm thinking that you should make a copy of that project, and open the copy. You can dismiss the MPE message, and link to the psd file, and see what happens next. If your media retain the same folder structure it had when you saved it, then it should be loaded after you locate the first file.

• 9. Re: Down memory lane
                          vipulanima2r Level 2

Hi jarliei:

regarding the first error message about MPE , you need to update the driver of your graphic card. this error generally comes up when the graphic driver has not been updated.

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Down memory lane
                            Jarliei Level 1

Vipulanima2r - GREAT!

Done as you suggested and it solved the MPE issue! Fantastic.

• 11. Re: Down memory lane
                              Jarliei Level 1

jeremy

I followed your suggestions, when re opening a project the media uploads as expected, no problems. the issue seems to be with new projects.

• 12. Re: Down memory lane
                                vipulanima2r Level 2

Glad it worked. enjoy 

• 13. Re: Down memory lane

Okay; you handled the previous asset when reopening and the MPE issue.  What is the issue with opening a new project?  Please post a screenshot again; that was helpful.

• 14. Re: Down memory lane
                                    Jarliei Level 1

Hi Stan,

the issue is that every time I start the project, Premiere ask me for the location of a Photoshop file previously used.

maybe it has something to do with the default (see bottom right hand corner) pre set to Photoshop.

it is not a problem, just annoying.

wher is file.jpg

• 15. Re: Down memory lane

Then you're in good shape: edit away!

You can probably sort this out.  It is not because it is a "default" at the bottom.  It is trying to deal with the previously used file.  If you still have the file, go to it, select it, and once the project is open, delete it from the project.  If you don't have it, I think you can pick "offline" or skip and delete it.  Save the project.  It shouldn't come back.

1 person found this helpful
                                      • 16. Re: Down memory lane
                                        Jarliei Level 1

Stan,

It seem that you got it right on the button, your suggestion appears to work, I'll give it a week for final confirmation, many thanks.