3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2010 9:10 AM by Ned Murphy

Fonts looking bad after upload

aditi_bk

Hi,

I have used a special font, by that I mean a font which will not be found on most computers. Now within some elements, such as a some buttons, a few graphics, the font appears perfectly. When I check on other PC's the font is not what I had selected. Also, the font, when I run the movie through Flash CS4, appears perfect, but once I upload it, the font is not smooth and looks bad. I read up a little about embedding characters, and even tried the option which comes in the text box properties, but nothing seems to help. I don't think I grasped the concept well. Can anyone please explain how I can get my font to appear and look good on all PCs??

Thanks,

Aditi

• 1. Re: Fonts looking bad after upload
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is this all dynamic text or is it text that is manually written in to the file at authoring time such that it could be static text?  If it is static text but you are using dynamic textfields, then try switching them to be static textfields.  If it is already static textfields, then you could try breaking the textfields down to being raw graphics (select the textfield, then choose Modify -> Break Apart, Modify -> Break Apart)

If they must be dynamic textfields, and using the embed option in the properties panel isn't working, then try embedding the font in the library and use it from there... To do that...  in the library in the upper right is a small menu where you can select "New Font"... choose that and select the font you want from the list.  Then you can assign that embedded font as you normally would, but you need to find the name it has in the library and in trhe font selection it will have an asterisk next to it.  So if the Font is named "Font 1" in the library, then in the font selection in the properties panel it will appear as "Font 1* "

• 2. Re: Fonts looking bad after upload
            aditi_bk Level 1

Thanks Ned..:) Once again you have saved my neck...I could not for the life of me figure out where the menu option for the library could be found...converting the text into graphics is how I have the thing working in many places, but it was not an option in some cases...thanks again...

• 3. Re: Fonts looking bad after upload
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're welcome