1 2 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 6:19 AM by deBelen

Error message: Display driver incompatible

jzittle

After installing the trial version of Premiere Elements 9.0,

I get the message "Display driver incompatible. Please  update. I have a Vaio laptop purchased 10 months ago. I have the latest update of the NVidia G210 driver (187.83).  I teach Premeire Elements and I need a solution to this problem ASAP.

• 1. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Once you go past the error message... does the program work?

Are you updating from your computer vendor site, or directly from nVidia?

• 2. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
            jzittle Level 1

The program does not work.  I get no video from video files that work  fine

with other DVD making programs.  I am using HD files.  Audio does  work

fine.  NVidia says to get updates from Sony as it is proprietary  version(?). 

I updated video driver in July 2010 from Sony.

In a message dated 9/25/2010 11:57:18 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Once you  go past the error message... does the program work?

Are you  updating from your computer vendor site, or directly from  nVidia?

• 3. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>get no video from video files that work  fine with other DVD making programs

What are your hardware acceleration and OpenGL settings?

I don't know about that specific card/driver but I have read other messages that adjusting one/both of the above settings will sometimes help

• 4. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                jzittle Level 1

What part of OpenGL settings? - there are about 10 of them and I am not 

going to mess with any of them as I don't think that is the problem.  As  for

hardware accelerators - I don't have any turned on that I know  of.   

In a message dated 9/25/2010 1:08:52 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

>get  no video from video files that work  fine with other DVD making

programs 

What are your hardware acceleration and OpenGL  settings?

I don't know about that specific card/driver but I have  read other

messages that adjusting one/both of the above settings will  sometimes  help

• 5. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                  Robert J. Johnston Level 2

I have the same problem with a different NVidia card, GeForce 8400GS PCI on a Windows XP SP3. The only way I found to keep the error message from showing is to adjust a setting in display properties (Windows control panel) on the "troubleshoot" tab by moving the hardware acceleration slider to "disable all but basic accelerations."

If I don't adjust the troubleshoot slider and just ignore the error message when starting pre9, the preview monitor does not refresh.

I have the most recent NVidia driver for my card. I even tried earlier drivers.

On another computer with an NVidia 9400 GT PCI card and with the same NVidia driver, I don't get the "Display driver incompatible" error message.

• 6. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                    VDOSurfer Level 3

Can you  download and install a previous version of the driver? Or do a rollback? We have said this in the foriums earlier that the latest may not be the greatest. An earlier version could alsi be a driver that Premiere Elements "likes"..

• 7. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                      jzittle Level 1

I would do that in a minute BUT the reason I updated the driver was because

my 6 month old computer was crashing about once a day.  At least  the new

driver took care of that.  Any other suggestions?  I guess I  will not be

able to buy Premiere if it won't work on my computer.  I was  hoping...

In a message dated 9/26/2010 2:25:34 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Can  you  download and install a previous version of the driver? Or do a 

rollback? We have said this in the foriums earlier that the latest may not be

the greatest. An earlier version could alsi be a driver that Premiere

Elements  "likes"..

• 8. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                        nealeh Level 5

jzittle wrote:

NVidia says to get updates from Sony as it is proprietary  version(?).

That may be but NVIDIA do provide updated generic drivers for their notebook chips. Create a system restore point and try the 258.96 generic driver. If it works, fine. If not restore using system restore.

32-bit

64-bit

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale
                        Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 9. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                          cliveu

I am having a similar problem with a Sony VAIO VPCF11C5E laptop and Premiere Elements 8.0 trial. I am interested to buy the 9.0 product but not until this gets resolved. I have checked and I am using the latest driver recommended by Sony.  It is NVIDIA GEForce GT330M driver 8.16.11.8867.

Right now none of our videos are playable and I can't find a tweak to reduce hardware acceleration on the NVIDIA control panel.

I will log a call with Sony and update when I get a response.

Regards

Clive.

• 10. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                            jzittle Level 1

I gave up on Premiere Elements 9.0.  The only way I could get it to  play

was to install my OLD drivers which cause my Sony computer to crash at  least

once a day.  I called to see if a tech at Adobe would help me but  they

refused as it was a trial.  I will just use Windows DVD Maker as  it works just

fine.  I have HD video and Win 7 now so couldn't use my old  Premiere 7. 

My display driver is NVidia GEForce G210M/PCI/SSE2   3.0  Version 187.83.

Version that worked was 186.47.  I teach Premiere  Elements so I guess I will

have to change the class to DVD Maker since I could  get no support from

Adobe. Please let me know what you find out from Sony.

Joan

In a message dated 10/15/2010 2:30:01 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

I am  having a similar problem with a Sony VAIO VPCF11C5E laptop and

Premiere  Elements 8.0 trial. I am interested to buy the 9.0 product but not until

this  gets resolved. I have checked and I am using the latest driver

recommended by  Sony.  It is NVIDIA GEForce GT330M driver  8.16.11.8867.

Right now none of our videos are playable and I  can't find a tweak to

reduce hardware acceleration on the NVIDIA control  panel.

I will log a call with Sony and update when I get a  response.

Regards

Clive.

• 11. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Clive

Did you get a chance to read the thread that I posted on Premiere Elements 9 and display issues that I have experiences with its trial version?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/737108?tstart=0

Steve Grisetti has relocated that the 2nd of my threads on that topic to the Discussion area of this forum. The initial thread is referenced to in that 2nd thread.

The deletion of the BadDrivers.txt and the replacement of the Video Renderer.dll have taken care of that major hang up for me and the trial version. I have not yet purchased Premiere Elements 9...about 6 more days to go on the tryout.

ATR

• 12. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                jzittle Level 1

I downloaded the videorenderer.dll file and installed it in my trial 

Premiere Elements after removing the old videorenderer file and it made no 

difference.  I still get the incompatible driver and no video  display (audio is

fine) when I try to play them in a project.  I've  had it with Premiere

Elements 9.  I am very unhappy with Adobe.  I  have only 7 days left of my trial.

Joan

In a message dated 10/15/2010 5:22:17 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Clive

Did you get a chance to read the thread that I  posted on Premiere Elements

9 and display issues that I have experiences with  its trial version?

Steve  Grisetti has relocated that the 2nd of my threads on that topic to

the  Discussion area of this forum. The initial thread is referenced to in

that 2nd  thread.

The deletion of the BadDrivers.txt and the replacement of  the Video

Renderer.dll have taken care of that major hang up for me and the  trial version.

I have not yet purchased Premiere Elements 9...about 6 more  days to go on

the  tryout.

ATR

• 13. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Joan,

Did you ever try deleting the BadDrivers.txt file that was mentioned in my first thread re: my Premiere Elements 9 display dilemmas?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732067?tstart=90

Before the BadDrivers.txt file fix, I was spending hours troubleshooting this display problem that affected version 9, but not 8, 7, or 6.

a. NVIDIA was telling me that I had the latest video card driver.

b. Rolling back the NVIDIA driver to an earlier version worked great to solve the Premiere Elements 9 problems, but it sent my other Premiere Elements versions on the same computer crashing.

Please let me know if you read that first thread that dealt with the BadDriver.txt file fix and if it did or did not work for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                    cliveu Level 1

I haven't yet downloaded Elements v9, I'm still working with v8. 

• 15. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                      cliveu Level 1

I got nowhere with Sony last night, their interactive service in Europe is 9-5 on Monday-Friday when I am always working.

I read in a Vaio forum that it was safe  (although not supported by Sony) to install the latest recommended Nvidia driver so I took a backup and then that's what I did. The required driver is detected automatically by a utility on nvidia.com. The upgrade was straightforward and I was then able to turn on GPU acceleration in Premiere Elements, it now works OK. The driver version is 258.96 released on 19/7/10.

Clive

• 16. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                        jzittle Level 1

ATR,

I did find your thread on deleting the BadDriver.txt file:

I can't find the BadDriver.txt file.  I have Win 7 so your  instructions

for finding it don't work for me.  I have done every search  available on my

computer and nothing comes up.  Any ideas on how to find it  so I can delete

it???

Joan

In a message dated 10/16/2010 10:33:37 A.M. US Mountain Standard Tim, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3212255#3212255

• 17. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                          jzittle Level 1

I guess I didn't read that thread on BadDrivers.txt.  I thought you  were

just referring to the "bad drivers" I have on my computer!  How can I  find

that thread?  I am going to try to find it now...

I can't find the BadDrivers.txt file on my Win 7 computer.  A search 

finally brought up a file in Program Data but there is no program data folder?!? 

I'm confused.

In a message dated 10/16/2010 10:33:37 A.M. US Mountain Standard Tim, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Joan,

Did you ever try deleting the BadDrivers.txt  file that was mentioned in my

first thread re: my Premiere Elements 9 display  dilemmas?

Before the BadDrivers.txt file fix, I was spending  hours of

troubleshooting.

a. NVIDIA was telling me that I had the latest  video card driver.

b. Rolling back the NVIDIA driver to an earlier version  worked great to

solve the Premiere Elements 9 problems, but it sent my other  Premiere

Elements versions on the same computer crashing.

Please  let me know if you read that first thread that dealt with the

BadDriver.txt  file fix and if it did or did not work for  you.

ATR

• 18. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                            Akshat B Adobe Employee

You can find baddrivers.txt file inside : C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0 in windows 7,

ProgramData is a hidden folder inside C:\ drive. To view hidden folders and files refer to : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html

• 19. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Akshat B

Thanks for the navigation information in Windows 7. I am still with Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit...hopefully soon to get to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

ATR

• 20. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Joan

With Akshat B's Windows 7 navigation instructions I hope you can find that BadDrivers.txt file.

I am looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 21. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                  jzittle Level 1

ATR,

Unfortunately after all that, there is NO baddrivers.txt file in the 

folder: Program Data/Adobe/premiere elements/9.0.  And I still get the  error

message of incompatible video driver and video will not play even though  audio

does.  What next?  This is way too time consuming to get a  trial program

to work...

Joan

In a message dated 10/16/2010 2:22:16 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Joan

With Akshat B's Windows 7 navigation instructions  I hope you can find that

BadDrivers.txt file.

I am looking  forward to your  results.

ATR

• 22. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Joan,

Even from the Adobe person who came forth with the BadDrivers.txt fix for the display issues that I described originally, there were no guarantees. The choices for me seemed to be:

Update the current video driver (I could not update the already updated driver, and I could not roll back the driver because that created problems with other programs)

Delete the BadDriver.txt file (I could and it worked)

or

Get back to this Adobe person with specific video card information OR change the video card to a more compatibible one (whatever that might be).(Did not have to)

Fortunately for me the BadDriver.txt fix and later the Video Renderer.dll fix for another display issue corrected Premiere Elements 9 display issues for me. But, there could be still another variant of the Premiere Elements 9 display issues that I was fortunate enough not to encounter YET and has now surfaced with you.

Perhaps the Adobe people will see our discussions on this matter and shed some more light on the display design in version 9.

But, I never give up, so I would suggest that you shutdown the computer, start it again, and do another search for that file, making sure that you have all hidden folders revealed.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 23. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                      jzittle Level 1

ATR,

I did what you suggested: turned off my computer  and left it off all

night.  I tried again this morning and there it was:  BadDriver.txt file

which I navigated to and deleted.  But, it didn't  solve my problem.  So, until

Adobe comes up with a solution I am not  purchasing Premiere 9.0 and will

teach my class using Windows DVD Maker which  may be a problem as not everyone

has Win 7 - I'll have to research that.   Oh well, we'll have to make do

until we get a patch or work around from  Adobe.  Adobe is losing out on sales

to about 15 students because of this  but they don't seem to care about

that - I discussed this with the Tech person  up to Supervisor and they

wouldn't help me because it was a trial. 

Joan

In a message dated 10/16/2010 4:19:01 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Joan,

Even from the Adobe person who came forth with  the BadDrivers.txt fix for

the display issues that I described originally,  there were no guarantees.

The choices for me seemed to be:

Update the  current video driver (I could not update the already updated

driver, and I  could not roll back the driver because that created problems

with other  programs)

Delete the BadDriver.txt file (I could and it  worked)

or

Get back to this Adobe person with specific video card  information OR

change the video card to a more compatibible one (whatever that  might be).(Did

not have to)

Fortunately for me the BadDriver.txt  fix and later the Video Renderer.dll

fix for another display issue corrected  Premiere Elements 9 display issues

for me. But, there could be still another  variant of the Premiere Elements

9 display issues that I was fortunate enough  not to encounter YET and has

now surfaced with you.

Perhaps the  Adobe people will see our discussions on this matter and shed

some more light  on the display design in version 9.

But, I never give up, so I  would suggest that you shutdown the computer,

start it again, and do another  search for that file, making sure that you

have all hidden folders  revealed.

We will be watching for your  results.

ATR

• 24. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Joan

I am sorry to learn that you found no remedies to your Premiere Elements 9 situation. It is very troublesome to run into these matters. Know that I will be on the watch for all variants of Premiere Elements 9 display problems and will report back on the findings here as well as at the other forum that I frequent.

Had you intended to use Premiere Elements 9 on the computer to which you have installed its trial version? It would be interesting to know how it would perform display-wise and otherwise on another computer in your possession.

By the way, Windows Vista versions Home Premium and Ultimate came with the Windows DVD Maker built into them.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance, be your video editor Premiere Elements or another.

ATR

• 25. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                          jzittle Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for your help and concern.  I teach  from my computer to an

overhead projector and the students are responsible for  purchasing the program

for use at home.  We have 18 computers in the Center  where I teach and they

would have been loaded with PPE 9.0 if that is what I had  chosen.  I would

now be afraid to load all 18 computers with a program that  might not work.

I guess I could have tried the trial on one of the  Center's computers but

right now I don't even care to try it.  I still  could not have taught the

class from my computer.  The Center has all Win 7  computers so we would

have DVD Maker on them already.  I don't know how I  will make 8 hours of

instruction from DVD Maker as it is rather simple and  pretty self explanatory. 

But, it works and all of the students are  required to have Vista or Win 7

for this class.  If you read or hear of any  other fix to try in the next 7

days let me know.  My trial expires and I  won't be purchasing it for the

Center.

Thanks again for you help.

Joan

In a message dated 10/17/2010 2:33:37 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Joan

I am sorry to learn that you found no remedies to  your Premiere Elements 9

situation. It is very troublesome to run into these  matters. Know that I

will be on the watch for all variants of Premiere  Elements 9 display

problems and will report back on the findings here as well  as at the other forum

that I frequent.

Had you intended to use  Premiere Elements 9 on the computer to which you

have installed its trial  version? It would be interesting to know how it

would perform display-wise and  otherwise on another computer in your

possession.

By the way,  Windows Vista versions Home Premium and Ultimate came with the

Windows DVD  Maker built into them.

Please update us on your progress when you  get a chance, be your video

editor Premiere Elements or  another.

ATR

• 26. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                            Daksha123 Level 1

jzittle,

Paths for BadDrivers.txt file are

Win7: <rootdrive>\ProgramData\Adobe\PremiereElements\9.0\

WinXP: <rootdrive>\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\

Few queries,

Were you able to locate BadDrivers.txt file?

if yes, did you try to relaunch PRE9 app after deleteing BadDrivers.txt file?

if yes, Was BadDrivers.txt file created at the same location (from where you deleted it before) again?

if yes, Could you see the details of your driver in BadDrivers.txt file?

if yes, then it seems the driver installed on your system is not compatible with PRE9. It could be a problem in display driver.You should share your Graphics Card and Driver information here so that Adobe can look at the problem and work with driver vendor to solve this specific issue.

Also,

If you have different configurations for other machines, you may try PRE9 on those machines as this issue seems specific to a graphics card and its driver.

• 27. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

I have assumed that "Dakasha123" is Vijay at this time.

Yes, Joan was able to locate the BadDrivers.txt file (mentioned in an earlier post here), but she found that fix did not work for her.

I have also suggested that, as part of her troubleshooting, she evaluate the program on another computer. The impression that I got was that she was reluctant to do that. Also, see her reasons for that in her prior post.

Her own words best describe her situation and her contact with Adobe which is pushing her away from the Premiere Elements 9 for her teaching purposes.

Your suggestions were a great help for me and turned a disfunctional display program into a functional one. I am very grateful for what your help did for my situation and hope that you can get Joan moving toward Premiere Elements 9 rather than away from it.

Keep up the good work in your communications on these troublesome matters.

Thanks.

ATR

• 28. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                Daksha123 Level 1

Thanks ATR for your comments...

Joan, Please do not give up. In consumer world there can be such combinations of graphics cards and drivers where PRE may fail to exploit hardware acceleration. Please follow all those steps which I have mentioned in my previous post and let me know the outcome. I'll be glad to assist you in isolating this issue.

I would again ask you to please try PRE9 on other systems (not having same card and driver). And if you face the same problem on those systems too, let me know the driver details. You have to just share the content of display error message i.e. what card and what driver version is creating that problem.

Thanks,

Vijay

• 29. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                  jzittle Level 1

Vijay,

Sorry I was not able to get back to you faster - I  had a little

"homework" to do and I needed some time to do it.

-Yes, I was able to locate BadDriver(s).txt file (my search would not find 

BadDrivers but did find BadDriver!

I reinstalled PPE 7 on my Sony VPC and it works fine!  I guess I do  have

an incompatibility with PPE 9.  I am calling Sony tomorrow for their  ideas

on this problem but I will get the same run around and "reformat" solution 

which I have already done once for the previous driver problem.  They even 

replaced the graphics card but that didn't stop the crashes with the previous

driver.

Thanks for the interest and I hope we get a solution.  My trial has  only 3

days left and I don't think I will get one by that time.

Joan

In a message dated 10/17/2010 11:07:06 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

jzittle,

Few queries,

Were you able to locate  BadDrivers.txt file?

if yes, did you try to relaunch the PRE9 app after  deleteing

BadDrivers.txt file?

if yes, Was BadDrivers.txt file created at  the same location (from where

you deleted it before) again?

if yes, Could  you see the details of your driver in BadDrivers.txt file?

if yes, then it  seems the driver installed on your system is not

compatible with PRE9. It  could be a problem in display driver.You should share your

Graphics Card and  Driver information here so that Adobe can look at the

problem and work with  driver vendor to solve this specific issue.

Also,

If you have  different configurations for other machines, you may try PRE9

on those  machines as this issue seems specific to a graphcis card and its

driver. 

-Vijay

• 30. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                    art_nevins@verizon.net

Re: PRE9 incompatible NVIDIA driver.

I'm using Windows 32 bit Vista with a GeForce 8600 GT video card and 3GB RAM; processors are Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4 GHz.  PRE9 was working excellently until November 10, 2010, when an automatic driver upgrade by NVIDIA to version 260.99 was installed.  Since then the preview screen stopped working in PRE9, as described by other postings here.   Output of PREL file to finished DVD product is normal.  Rollback of driver for video card does not change the warning notice nor does it affect the display (i.e., it won't revert back to "normal").  Adobe help desk in India could not solve problem.  (Note:  this is a registered product, not a trial version; I haven't even received the rebate check yet!)

agn

• 31. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                      art_nevins@verizon.net Level 1

PROBLEM IS FIXED!! Thanks to comments I read after making the posting, removal of the BAD DRIVER.txt file resolved the problem.  You guys should be hired by Adobe to replace their help desk in India!!

Art

• 32. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Art

That was great news that you just reported.

Did you ever get a chance to see the details of my experience with the display issues that you encountered in Premiere Elements 9? The thread here is “Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problems”

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732067?tstart=60

As you have or will read there, updating (or trying to update) the display driver was not my answer. It was the deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file that turned thing around. And, that suggestion was made by Vijay at Adobe who came online here to get involved.

The thing that never ceases to amaze me is that, in spite of my display issues with the tryout version, I have experienced NONE of these same display problems with the purchased version AND I am using the same computer environment down to the letter.

Adobe via Vijay and Adobe via its TechNote on the VideoRenderer.dll as well as the help given to Alan in the thread cited have made major advances possible for the people involved. The forums here and elsewhere continue to be great route of communication on Premiere Elements issues.

Congratulations on your success and keep up the good work.

ATR

(I am not affiliated in anyway with Adobe. I am just a user of these products like you.)

• 33. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                          deBelen Level 1

Premier elements is unusable on my Dell XPS.

There are two possible nVidia GeForce GT 420M drivers possible for the Dell XPS L501X laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit:ver

8.17.12.5939 A01 or 8.17.12.5951 A02 (cannot install the NVIDIA drivers directly)

With either driver, when Adobe Premier Elements is opened, you get the message:

We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get
                                                                              better and faster playback performance, please update your
                                                                              display driver.

Display driver details :NVIDIA Corporation - GeForce GT
                                                                              420M/PCI/SSE2 3.0.0

When Premier Elements is opened, the projects will not run and the application display is messed up; no movies can be viewed in the editor and the editor functions do not work.

Since these are the only two Dell drivers available for this video card, this means that Adobe Premiere Elements 9 is not usable. Very disappointing, since one of the reasons for upgrading to the Dell XPS was for better video editing.

So whose problem is this? NVIDIA, Dell, Adobe? I would appreciate some ideas on how to resolve this.

I did delete the BadDrivers.txt file, but it simply reappears each time Premiere elements is opened.

Any new ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Tom

• 34. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom

The deletion of the BadDrivers.txt is the way to go when you have no way to go with the update the display card route.

YES, the BadDrivers.txt file will regenerate after you delete it and open Premiere Elements 9. BUT, the text within the file will not be the same as before, and the program should be OK.

So, the big question becomes do you get the incompatible driver message when you reopen the program after the BadDrivers.txt file has been deleted, the computer restarted, and the program reopened?

Are you working from the Premiere Elements 9 purchased copy or the trial version. If trial version, replace the VideoRenderer.dll as well as delete the BadDrivers.txt file as per the references given in this thread and others.

If and when appropriate, we can discuss details of

a. are you looking at a messed up display area even before you import media

and/or

b. are you looking at a messed up display of your Timeline content in the Edit Mode Monitor after video import....if so, what is the project preset and what are the properties of your video????

ATR

• 35. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                              zina@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, I didnt know if anyone was even listening to me,,, my nvidia card is all up to date, my clips are vob files, and some of them are good, and some are no audio, sometimes the audio will come back and then it will into a straight line and make a clicking noise, when I click play, then it switches back to a line,   and I do have the trial version, as I did purchase ele 8, and no computer would play it, so I don't want to purchase 9 until I find it works,, I am also working on 2 comp, 64 bit and 32 bit, and they both are the same, my old comp played all of them just fine, it was 32bit vista,   I am bringing them in from a dvd,where do I find the 'baddrivers folder?, and the render i assume is in my folders where my work is,, thank you soo much,

take care, Judy

• 36. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Judy,

For now with this Premiere Elements 9 trial version focus in on:

a. deleting the BadDrivers.txt folder

It was the instructions of Daksha123 that turned things around for me when I was using the Premiere Elements 9 trial version. Check out the following thread, especially post 3 of Daksha123.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3216513#3216513

b. replacing the VideoRenderer.dll as per the Adobe instructions…you get the VideoRenderer.dll replacement as a download from Adobe.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/870/cpsid_87080.html

Hope the above turns thing around for you and that you can move forward in your projects.

ATR

• 37. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                                  zina@sbcglobal.net Level 1

I am in my C,, and in program files,, and in Adobe,, i cant find anything that says BADDRIVER. TXT,,  I do have windows 7 prof,,, I tried to follow the name you said, it's not that easy,, thanks, judy

take care, Judy

• 38. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                                    zina@sbcglobal.net Level 1

I had received the update Nvidia card,, I was able to update it with no problem, and the vob files play real smooth now,, mostly it is the audio that doesn't want to come in,,, are you sure I would have baddrivers,?  I am still looking for it,,, thanks again so much,,

take care, Judy

• 39. Re: Error message: Display driver incompatible
                                                                                      deBelen Level 1

Hi Judy,

This is where it's located: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\

Tom

1 2 Previous Next