1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2007 12:23 PM by NickTheNameless

working with xml nodes, create var for each

NickTheNameless Level 1
      i have an multiple xml documents each with different number of nodes. each of those nodes will always have 4 child nodes. each of those child nodes may have a different amount of child nodes themselves. i am trying to cycle through the loaded xml document and give a variable name to each, but i'm having trouble starting it off. can someone guide me please?

i'm attaching a sample of the xml and some the actionscript ideas i have so far....

• 1. working with xml nodes, create var for each
          NickTheNameless Level 1
          ok, i've found some answers for my own problem that just bring up more questions. using idMap i can identify the four children that are always present. from this reference point, i can get their childNodes or their parentNode, i believe, without trouble. however, i can't figure out how to assign the information to a unique variable name. i've attached the code below i found in the help files. it results in a trace that contains the information i want to give a unique variable name to, myXML.idMap[x]

how do i do that? or is this the wrong way to go about accomplishing my goal?