1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2011 1:24 PM by Durazell_DK

Authorizing on a BeBook, using a Mac

VicArnold

I seem to have the worst combination of devices and machines for this, but I'm trying to Authorize my BeBook (I think it's now called the BeBook One). All the pages I have read suggest that you merely plug the device into the Mac whilst running ADE. I've done this several times, but noting happens. I was told maybe it had to update some stuff and might take up to 30 mins. I left it for 2 hours, nothing happened. The machine didn't start working noticably harder and nothing came up on screen. For all intensive purposes, it's llike I'm plugging a memory card into my Mac. My next step then was to try it without the memory card in the BeBook, but to be honest, I think I'm clutching at straws a little now. No difference. Is there a simple option in one of the menus to connect to an external device, that I'm missing? They ca definitely see each other as I can explore the folders on the BeBook, but for some reason ADE doesn't seem to see it as the BeBook.

I have the latest firmware for the BeBook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V

• 1. Re: Authorizing on a BeBook, using a Mac
          Durazell_DK

I have the same problem. I have upgraded to the lasted version of ADE and upgraded the firmware in BeBook One. All sources and the BeBook vendor say this works on OSX. I have tried this on two different MacBooks and the problem persists.

Think the only way it to open a support case. Clearly a ADE problem as the Mac itself don't have a problem discovering the BeBook.