1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2010 12:48 PM by GillRogers67

Error 1335 when trying to install Reader 9.3.4 on fresh xp installation

GillRogers67 Level 1

Hi,

I keep getting an Error 1335 The Cabinet file Data1.cab required for this installation is corrupt etc.  Im trying to install on XP SP3 with a fresh installation of xp.  I've tried Firefox and IE8 with the Adobe download manager and I've also tried a manual download.  Everytime I get the same message.

I need to mention too that the download page is less its css etc - so just seeing text and links if thats any help towards this problem.

Could someone offer a fix please?

thanks in advance

Gill

• 1. Re: Error 1335 when trying to install Reader 9.3.4 on fresh xp installation
          GillRogers67 Level 1

well that was interesting - inside the Adobe REader 9 installer which was left on my desktop from a manual attempt to install it, is a folder Reader 9, so i opened that and successfully installed Adobe Reader 9.3.0.  using AcroRead installer.  With that installer are 3 update patches - non of which will install.

So having succesfully installed AR 9.3.0, i then ran update from inside the program insterface and ................. voilla!!! it updated!! to Reader 9.3.4!!

Soo seems there is a problem with the files at manual download and using the download manager.

Hope this helps anyone else suffering the same problem.

Cheers

Gill