6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2010 8:15 AM by the_wine_snob

PrE 9 Encoder Activation

alanst2 Level 1

Having got everything sorted and become very happy with PrE9, I tried to add a little MP2 video file with Get Media.

It's telling me that it needs to Activate the encoder over the 'net. However, the process freezes at the web page and gets no further.

Are others seeing this?

Alan S.

• 1. Re: PrE 9 Encoder Activation
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Alan,

This should be almost instantaneous and virtually transparent. Do you have your Security settings to High, or a Firewall in place?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: PrE 9 Encoder Activation
            alanst2 Level 1

Thanks Bill.

Yes, I have a Firewall in my Network Router. It would be the first time it's been a problem but I'll certainly check.

Alan S.

• 3. Re: PrE 9 Encoder Activation
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Sorry, my bad. I should have been more specific, with "software firewall," such as within Windows. A hardware firewall should have no bearing on the Internet connection. Sorry about that.

Also, pop-up blockers, some active anti-virus scanners and spysweeping programs can get in the way.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PrE 9 Encoder Activation
                CR Henderson Level 3

alanst2 wrote:

Having got everything sorted and become very happy with PrE9, I tried to add a little MP2 video file with Get Media.

It's telling me that it needs to Activate the encoder over the 'net. However, the process freezes at the web page and gets no further.

Are others seeing this?

Alan S.

At least one other has reported problems with encoder activation.  Apparently there is an error on the encoder activation page for what he is trying to do:

http://www.adobe.com/go/premiereel_encoder

I don't know if it is the same problem you are seeing but you should report the problem to Adobe via the 'Contact' button at the top of the page (if you haven't already done so).

Personally I haven't gotten far enough into the program (yet) to run into this.

UPDATE:

Now I have run into this.  I attempted to render HD and received the problem activating component message.  When I tried their manual process, using both Safari and Firefox, the above page did not load correctly. Chalk up another user DIW until Adobe fixes this.  And I am using a licensed copy of PrE 9 +

I did report the problem to Adobe.

2ND UPDATE:  It just now (21:20 PDT) started working again.

• 5. Re: PrE 9 Encoder Activation
                  alanst2 Level 1

Success!

This morning (UK time) I ran the Project again and it activated invisibly, as Bill suggested it should. It would seem that Adobe Support was undergoing maintenance over the weekend. I guess that Encoder Activation was tied up with that.

Good luck all.

Alan S.

• 6. Re: PrE 9 Encoder Activation
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Alan,

Great news! With server-based material, sometime the traffic just overwhelms the node, or even the backbone, or just the servers. Let's hope that it was just a traffic glitch.

Good luck, and thanks for reporting,

Hunt