2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2010 4:53 PM by Ozpeter

Full screen playback in PE9 garbled - anyone else see this?

Ozpeter Level 1

I mentioned this in a general post but I'll make it a specific question now -

When I click on the "full screen" button near the top right of the interface, full screen playback has a corrupted area which corresponds with where the timescale is on the normal interface.  Sometimes the playback cursor "breaks through" as a black vertical line too.

Does anyone else see this?

I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed.  Windows XP Pro SP3 Q9300 quad core PC 2GB memory.

Thanks for any observations.

• 1. Re: Full screen playback in PE9 garbled - anyone else see this?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm not seeing it, Oz. But maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Can you post a screen capture of it?

• 2. Re: Full screen playback in PE9 garbled - anyone else see this?
            Ozpeter Level 1

It's very obvious if you do have the problem - a wide strip of the video (horizontal, matching the timescale hidden beneath the full screen display) gets shifted sideways somewhat (flickering on and off), so that any vertical object in the footage gets displaced sideways at that point in an obvious juddering fashion.  I tried to do a screen grab but simply doing that makes the problem change - it is more evident when the footage is running than when frozen.

Anyway, adjusting the Windows Display Properties "hardware acceleration" slider, moving it to the left till it is set to the point where the message beneath reads "Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleraions.  Use this setting to correct severe problems with DirectX accelerated applications" seems to fix the problem.

Graphics card is a GeForce 8600 GT, in case that's relevant.

At least I know how to work around the problem.  Let's see if others come across the same problem in due course.  Maybe it's just a local issue.