3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2010 2:03 PM by kglad

HELP! Text Overlay for UILoader

jed279

I would really appreciate some input on this one...

Does anyone know how to create an action that will allow a text overlay to appear with the source image from a UIloader? I'm considering just editing the image itself to include the text but am hoping to reduce file size.

• 1. Re: HELP! Text Overlay for UILoader
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

add a textfield using actionscript.

exactly how you do that depends on whether you're using as2 or as3.  check the appropriate section of the flash help files to see if you can do this without help.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HELP! Text Overlay for UILoader
            jed279 Level 1

I apologize for not being more specific. I'd like to add text fields that overlay the UILoader that also swap when the source of the UILoader changes.

See one of the Pine Cradle Lake portfolios at http://www.jakedruck.com if you're interested in seeing what I'm talking about. I want to add text explaining each of the different projects as they are cycled through the UILoader.

Thanks for your help!

• 3. Re: HELP! Text Overlay for UILoader
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

there are several ways to do that.  but, at its most basic, when the load-target (of your uiloaded) changes, the text property of your textfield should change.

for image galleries, it would be typical to use an xml file to specify both the url to be loaded and its description to be displayed.