Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Uninstall Adobe AIR

Sep 27, 2010 Sep 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed Adobe AIR and then tried to install Tweetdeck but I get an error message.
Error:
"This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version of the runtime from http
://www.adobe.com/go/getair, or contact the application author for an updated version."

Version is 2.0.3.13070

So I tried to uninstall Adobe AIR from add/remove programs in control panel but I get the same error.

Error:
"This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version of the runtime from http
://www.adobe.com/go/getair, or contact the application author for an updated version."

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2010 Sep 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Windows OS are you running?

Can you see if any logging was captured during the attempts of installation and post?

XP- C:\Documents and Settings{user name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\AIR\logs

Vista/Win7- C:\Users{user name}\AppData\Local\Adobe\AIR\logs

Can you try uninstalling AIR from command prompt?

Open command prompt by right clicking from start menu and Run as Administrator.

Change directory to path of AIR Runtime 2.0.3  AdobeAIRInstaller.exe and run the following:

C:\> AdobeAirInstaller.exe -uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it uninstalled with Advanced System Care.

I'd tried the command line as well as the shortcut way that I read about on here and neither worked.

There's no log folder in the path you listed but it may have gotten purged by ASE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same problem on my machine.  Here are the last two entries in the log file...

[2012-02-26:19:51:09] Commandline is: -arp:uninstall

[2012-02-26:19:51:09] Installed runtime (3.1.0.4880) located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR

[2012-02-26:19:51:09] Exiting due to error: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="app:/setup.swf" errorID=0]

[2012-02-26:19:12:19] Runtime Installer begin with version 3.1.0.4880 on Windows Vista x86

[2012-02-26:19:12:19] Commandline is: -arp:uninstall

[2012-02-26:19:12:19] Installed runtime (3.1.0.4880) located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR

[2012-02-26:19:12:19] Exiting due to error: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="app:/setup.swf" errorID=0]

I don't know if these will indicate the problem as both times the program was exited manually when it didn't seem to be doing anything after 15 minutes.  The uninstall was not using any CPU cycles and is not using the hard drive. 

This computer is running Vista SP2.  We were running Mcaffe which was disabled at the time... as best I could.  Mcaffe is not gone and SuperAntiSpyware is running so I'll try it again.   Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try uninstalling using Microsoft's installer fix it?  When running the Fix it, go through the uninstall process and try to remove Adobe AIR from your system.

Microsoft Install and Uninstall Fix It

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

This link appears to be no longer active.  I'm currently using Windows 7 x64  and I'm having the same issue.  Adobe Air is corrupted and I'm not able to uninstall..  Prompted with same error message, "This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version of the runtime from http

Is there still MS Easy Fix Solution for this problem?  I wasn't able to find one in the search.  If not, can you assist? 

Thanks,

Chris S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Checking back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines