3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2010 5:32 PM by areohbee

Color Sampling one image area to match another

stevenANDERSON

Using LR3 and I want to know if I can sample the gray background of one photo so that I can get the same gray in another photo.

This is not a color balance to neutral question. The gray in one photo is a cool gray and the second is a warm. I want them to match and hoping LR3 can help over the "it looks good" method.

Thanks

Steve

Steve@SteveAndersonPhotography.com

• 1. Re: Color Sampling one image area to match another
          areohbee Level 5

This is the SDK forum - you may want to post on the Lightroom Proper forum, or Feature Requests.

R

• 2. Re: Color Sampling one image area to match another
            stevenANDERSON Level 1

Thanks, I didn't know what a SDK forum is, still don't. Pretty confusing and

not to easy for someone not familiar with this forum. And I'm guessing by

you suggestion to post in Feature Requests that any reposting in LR proper

would be a waist of time.

This speaks to the survey I just complemented for Adobe about the site.

Your massage was simple to tell me I haven't asked my question to the right

group with out explaining the group I did post to. And you go on to indicate

that this feature doesn't exist by suggesting to post in the requests

section, but you leave me guessing about that too.

It would have been nice if...

Steve-

The sdk forum is for...

Post your inquiry here...

I inquiry know for certain if this feature exists so you may want to suggest

it here...

Good luck

• 3. Re: Color Sampling one image area to match another
              areohbee Level 5

On my machine, when I click "New -> Discussion" I have to make one of 3 choices:

1. Lightroom Forum

2. SDK Forum

3. Feature Request Forum

I don't know how it is for you.

SDK forum is a development forum for plugin authors.

Hope this was a bit more help,

Rob