0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2007 2:43 PM by africanshox

how can i access a component in item renderer from actionscript

africanshox
      i have a checkbox in a datagrid that i am using to give the user the option to check tems in the grid which are then automatically added to a shopping basket.

so when the check box is selected a function is called that stores the selected item of the datagrid

this currently works however i noticed that if i refresh the datagrid i.e by loading new items in the datagrid the checkbox component. the check box is still selected.

because the component is in an itemrenderer how can i access its properties so that i can change the selection to false?

here is the mxml code

<mx:DataGrid x="0" y="204" width="530" dataProvider="{scheduleList}" id="sl" dragEnabled="true" height="186">
      <mx:columns>
      <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Course" dataField="CourseName" width="280"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Days" dataField="duration" width="40"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Fee" dataField="fee" width="40"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Start date" dataField="start_date"/>
      <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Book" width="50">

<mx:itemRenderer>

<mx:Component>
      <mx:Canvas>
      <mx:CheckBox right="2" id="chkBook" textAlign="center" click="outerDocument.showSelection(parentDocument.sl.selectedIndex,chkBook.selected )"/>
      </mx:Canvas>
      </mx:Component>
      </mx:itemRenderer></mx:DataGridColumn>

</mx:columns>
      </mx:DataGrid>

so how can i access the id of that combobox or more importantly how can i reset the checked status of the combobox?

thank you