2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 3:37 PM by RandomReado

Flex Bug - Cannot display full screen video in a new window

RandomReado Level 1

My top level application consists of a login screen. When the user logs in successfully, the main application is closed using "this.close()" and a new Window() is opened. Inside the new window I've added the VideoPlayer component and specified a source.

When I run the application, everything worked as expected. However as soon as I click the full screen option on the VideoPlayer, Flex says:

Error: Error #3200: Cannot perform operation on closed window.
          at flash.display::Stage/desktop_set_displayState()
          at flash.display::Stage/set displayState()
          at spark.components::VideoPlayer/fullScreenButton_clickHandler()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\VideoPlayer.as:2233]

Inside the VideoPlayer.as file I've found what I think is the problem:

2204: // add as a popup
      2205: PopUpManager.addPopUp(this, FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication as DisplayObject);

I commented out line 2205 and added a new line:

PopUpManager.addPopUp(this, parentApplication as DisplayObject);

However I get the same error and it still says the problem is at line 2233 as well, even though line 2233 now reads (due to the additional line I added above):

// TODO (rfrishbe): Should we make this FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE if in AIR?

I cleaned my project via the Project menu but I still get the same error message. Any idea how I can resolve this problem?