36 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2010 12:05 PM by the_wine_snob

How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

CR Henderson Level 3

I purchased PrE 9 Plus and have downloaded and installed the extra content.  If I load in a clip, select the Edit tab, then select Plus Members Only from the drop down list on the left side of the Organize/Edit/Disc Menus/Share panel nothing shows up.  The same is true for all of the items: Effect, transitions, Titles, Themes, Clip Art.

Why doesn't the Plus content show up?  Is it perhaps because none has been released yet? Or ... ?

What about older content for PrE 8?  Should any of that show up in PrE 9?

• 1. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should see at least some -- but likely only a few themes, disc menu templates, effects and transitions at a time.

First, as I explain in my books, ensure you're logged in to Photoshop.com. (If so, it will say "Hi, [Your Name]" at the top of the interface.)

If you are, have a look at some of the other categories. Check under Effects or DVD Templates.

Look for little thumbnails with a yellow banner over the upper right corner. These are the Plus effects, etc.

If you don't see any anywhere, you may want to make sure you've got a Plus account. These easiest way is to go to the program's Welcome Screen and look to see how much storage space is listed for the Photoshop.com account. You should have at least 20 gig, if you're a Plus member.

If you don't, you need to ensure you're properly logged in. And, of course, you need to ensure you have an always-on internet connection and that you live in the USA.

• 2. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
            CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

You should see at least some -- but likely only a few themes, disc menu templates, effects and transitions at a time.

First, as I explain in my books, ensure you're logged in to Photoshop.com. (If so, it will say "Hi, [Your Name]" at the top of the interface.)

If you are, have a look at some of the other categories. Check under Effects or DVD Templates.

Look for little thumbnails with a yellow banner over the upper right corner. These are the Plus effects, etc.

If you don't see any anywhere, you may want to make sure you've got a Plus account. These easiest way is to go to the program's Welcome Screen and look to see how much storage space is listed for the Photoshop.com account. You should have at least 20 gig, if you're a Plus member.

If you don't, you need to ensure you're properly logged in. And, of course, you need to ensure you have an always-on internet connection and that you live in the USA.

Thanks for the reply, Steve.  It pretty well sums up the gist of my readings the last few days.

First, I do not see any 'Plus Effects' at all. None of the thumbnails have a yellow banner--anywhere--and I've looked at them all.

Second, I have your Tips book on order.  It should be delivered later today.

Third, the 'Welcome to Adobe Premiere Elements 9' initial page shows "Welcome Back and my photoshop.com personal URL.  It shows that my Online Storage is 20.0GB and I have a 24-hour connection via Comcast here in Oregon.

When in the PrE 9 app it says 'Welcome," followed by my name just to the left of the 'Save', 'Undo', etc. at the upper right of the interface.  If I click on the double arrow at the right of the search bar and select "Show Online content only" absolutely nothing shows up.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  My system is a March '09 24" iMac with 3.06GHz CPU and 8GB DRAM running OS X 10.6.4.

Any more ideas?

• 3. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

I checked my program, and there's not a lot of Plus content out there at this time.

Go to the Themes panel (under Edit) and check for Plus Members Only. There should be a theme called Autumn Leaves.

If it's there, you're getting Plus content.

As I've said, Adobe frequently adds new and removes old -- but you won't see tons and tons of it. Just a few themes, effects or templates here and there.

• 4. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

I checked my program, and there's not a lot of Plus content out there at this time.

Go to the Themes panel (under Edit) and check for Plus Members Only. There should be a theme called Autumn Leaves.

If it's there, you're getting Plus content.

As I've said, Adobe frequently adds new and removes old -- but you won't see tons and tons of it. Just a few themes, effects or templates here and there.

Nothing shows up so for some reason I'm not getting Plus content.

Is there any way to manually 'refresh' the online content?

• 5. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

As far as I know, not for Photoshop.com.

I'd contact them. (Photoshop.com. Not Adobe.) Something is definitely not kosher. It could be a firewall setting at your end or something.

But they should be very willing to help.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                    CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

I'd contact them. (Photoshop.com. Not Adobe.) Something is definitely not kosher. It could be a firewall setting at your end or something.

I had a 'chat' with photoshop.com support.  They couldn't help me and insisted I call the general adobe support number.  I am now waiting for a call back from them.

UPDATE:  I received the call back.  They said they couldn't help me but would transfer my call to a 'special' team that covers my problem.  I asked for a direct number but was told they didn't have a direct number and not to worry she would connect me directly.

You guessed it...the transfer didn't work and I'm at ground zero again.

• 7. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                      CR Henderson Level 3

CR Henderson wrote:

Steve Grisetti wrote:

<...>

I tried again and on the second callback I was connected to the wrong group.  My call back came from the Acrobat group.  No idea why that happened but he was able to understand my problem and transfer me to the correct group.  They took a look at my account and didn't see anything wrong so they are going to escalate the call to their Tier II engineering group.

• 8. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

Meantime, have you checked your firewall software to ensure you're not blocking this content?

• 9. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                          CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Meantime, have you checked your firewall software to ensure you're not blocking this content?

My router is an Airport Extreme with default firewall settings.  The firewall in my iMac is turned off.  I've never had any problems at all with any internet services with this setup.

• 10. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

Very strange, CR.

I'm getting the content on my iMac, so at least we know it's not a Mac thing.

• 11. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                              CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Very strange, CR.

I'm getting the content on my iMac, so at least we know it's not a Mac thing.

I'll just have to 'get along' with what's provided in the app and contents until this is resolved.

• 12. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

CR -- write me at my first name at Muvipix dot com. (I'm not writing it out to avoid spambots.)

I have a goofy idea if you're game.

• 13. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

As an experiment, I logged into CR's Photoshop.com from my Mac and the Plus content showed up, as it was supposed to.

So at least we know the account works okay.

Now we just have to figure out why CR is having problems from his specific machine.

• 14. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                    CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

As an experiment, I logged into CR's Photoshop.com from my Mac and the Plus content showed up, as it was supposed to.

So at least we know the account works okay.

Now we just have to figure out why CR is having problems from his specific machine.

What I've tried so far:

1. Complete uninstall and re-install of PrE 9 and Plus Content.  Result still no online content.

2. Complete uninstall and re-install of PrE 9.  Connected iMac directly to cable box, i.e. no firewall at all.  Reset all third party services. Result still no online content.

3. Re-install of Plus Content.  Result still no online content.

4. Uninstall and Clean of Adobe Design Premium CS4.  Result still no PrE 9 online content.

5. Re-install of Adobe Design Premium CS5 (uninstalling and cleaning of CS4 removed files necessary for CS5).  Still no online content.

6. Update all Adobe software using Adobe update manager.  Result still no PrE 9 online content.

• 15. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

Clyde, I know I asked you this before, but I just want to make sure.

Click on the Apple menu on your Mac and choose System Preferences. In the System Preference, open Security.

Click on the tab that says Firewall and ensure that it is set to Allow Incoming Connections.

Then, while you're in there, ensure that none of the settings under General or the File Vault are set to anything that might disable incoming data either.

• 16. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                        Akshat B Adobe Employee

Try deleting "Online" folder inside /Library/Application Support/Adobe Premiere Elements/9.0/. It might help.

-K

• 17. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                          CR Henderson Level 3

SozeKeyser wrote:

Try deleting "Online" folder inside /Library/Application Support/Adobe Premiere Elements/9.0/. It might help.

-K

I did that when I uninstalled the software, but I tried it again anyway.  Something could have been messed up.  PrE re-created the folder, but each sub-folder (Clip Arts, DVD Templates, Effects_Mac, etc) contains a single file "manifest.txt" that is zero length and no online content shows up in PrE 9.

• 18. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                            CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Click on the tab that says Firewall and ensure that it is set to Allow Incoming Connections.

The firewall is off so I'm not even given the option to open the Advanced ... page.

Then, while you're in there, ensure that none of the settings under General or the File Vault are set to anything that might disable incoming data either.

File Vault is off and nothing is checked under General.

• 19. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                              Akshat B Adobe Employee

r u letting PRE to download online contents. It takes some time to download content(depending on ur internet connection). Let PRE to run for 5-6 minutes and relaunch it. Meanwhile watch the online folder and see if anything is getting downloaded.

• 20. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                CR Henderson Level 3

Keyser-Söze wrote:

r u letting PRE to download online contents. It takes some time to download content(depending on ur internet connection). Let PRE to run for 5-6 minutes and relaunch it. Meanwhile watch the online folder and see if anything is getting downloaded.

Yes to all and nothing but the manifest.txt file shows up in any Online sub-folderl.  I have a 30Mbs connection.

• 21. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                  Akshat B Adobe Employee

Check the security settings under Get Info of "Premiere Elements" folder inside /Library/Application Support/Adobe. If it is Admin : Read and write apply this setting to all enclosed items if not add Admin : Read and Write and apply to all enclosed items. Hope this helps.

-K

• 22. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                    CR Henderson Level 3

Keyser-Söze wrote:

Check the security settings under Get Info of "Premiere Elements" folder inside /Library/Application Support/Adobe. If it is Admin : Read and write apply this setting to all enclosed items if not add Admin : Read and Write and apply to all enclosed items. Hope this helps.

-K

There are three 'users'.  system and admin both have Read & Write.  everyone has Read only. The same applies for all folders under PrE.

• 23. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                      nealeh Level 5

What happens if you add Read/Write permissions for all users?

Cheers,
                                                      --
                                                      Neale
                                                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 24. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                        CR Henderson Level 3

nealeh wrote:

What happens if you add Read/Write permissions for all users?

No change, still no online content.

• 25. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

Whew! You're killing us, Clyde! That's some protected machine you've got!

I wonder if you have a friend with a Mac who's also on your same internet provider. Just to see if he or she can get the Photoshop.com link.

• 26. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                            Pfredd Mudd Level 1

For what it's worth, I am running PSE 9 on Windows and I have the same problem - no Plus content.

• 27. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                              Pfredd Mudd Level 1

Never mind - I spoke too fast. For some reason PRE was not logged into my

Plus account.

Once I fixed that I get a couple of "Plus Only" themes and a few titles.

• 28. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                                CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Whew! You're killing us, Clyde! That's some protected machine you've got!

I wonder if you have a friend with a Mac who's also on your same internet provider. Just to see if he or she can get the Photoshop.com link.

I am not aware of anyone else in the area that has purchased PrE 9.

I did install on my MacBook Pro with exactly the same results.  So I would think that it is something that is triggered by my particular set of applications or it is a Comcast interference problem.

The online content is the only thing I'm missing.  All of the other items that are for Plus members only are available to me.  I've watched several of the videos that are for Plus members only.

• 29. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                                  CR Henderson Level 3

CR Henderson wrote:

CR Henderson wrote:

Steve Grisetti wrote:

<...>

I tried again and on the second callback I was connected to the wrong group.  My call back came from the Acrobat group.  No idea why that happened but he was able to understand my problem and transfer me to the correct group.  They took a look at my account and didn't see anything wrong so they are going to escalate the call to their Tier II engineering group.

They said they would call me back in "24-48" hours—four days ago.  Guess what, another promise by Adobe support that wasn't kept and I still can't see any Online content.

• 30. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                                    sandeep_explores84 Level 1

Hi Henderson

If anything is getting downloaded via internet, it can be noticed via Charles/HttpScoop on Mac. Try downloading the trial versions of any one of them and open them before opening PRE. Just check that they are working by doing following step: browse to any site when it is open and log will show up in them.

Now delete the '/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0/Online' folder. Open PRE and create a new project. By now some logs must be appearing in Charles/HttpScoop as PRE will start downloading the Online Content Preview files if you are connected to internet. Please post those logs here if you are still facing the problem. This can help solve your issue.

Thanks,

Sandeep

• 31. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                                      Akshat B Adobe Employee

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with your software. PRE has not posted any online content for Mac yet.   I will let you know when there is a new content available for Mac.

-Akshat

1 person found this helpful
                                                                      • 32. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

I've been advised by Adobe that they have not released any Plus materials yet for Mac version of Premiere Elements.

The reason I'm seeing them on my computer is because there is a unique situation with my account, based on my relationship with Adobe.

Mac Plus materials will be released on Photoshop.com soon.

Sorry for the confusion on my part. I made some wrong assumptions.

• 33. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                                          CR Henderson Level 3

Steve Grisetti wrote:

I've been advised by Adobe that they have not released any Plus materials yet for Mac version of Premiere Elements.

The reason I'm seeing them on my computer is because there is a unique situation with my account, based on my relationship with Adobe.

Mac Plus materials will be released on Photoshop.com soon.

Sorry for the confusion on my part. I made some wrong assumptions.

Thanks Steve...I'm glad it is cleared up...you weren't the only one who said there was Plus content for PrE9, but I didn't verify if the other(s) were running Windows or a Mac or perhaps had a 'special' relationship, too.

• 34. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?

Thanks for your patience, Clyde.

You may want to contact Adobe and see if they can give you some sort of price break -- since you've paid premium prices for something that's not even available yet!

• 35. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                                              Brett N Adobe Employee

Hello all,

There was a delay in the release of some Plus members-only content due to changes in programing for Photoshop Elements 9. Most of this has been rectified (with a couple of small exceptions). Please check PSE9 for your Plus content again, you should see what you are looking for.

-Brett

• 36. Re: How do I get PrE 9 Online Plus content to appear?
                                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Brett,

Thank you for that update.

Greatly appreciated,

Hunt