10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 11:54 PM by Harm Millaard

Video out of sync

GTH2007 Level 1

Hi All,

I have had trouble importing video into Premiere Pro CS5. My original issue was with lag in the video, it was suggested to me to change the file format, which fixed this problem ... but with it came a new one grr!

I have converted my .wmv to a several other formats including .mp4, .avi, .mov. Now each of these videos play fine on various media players, but when I import it into into Premiere Pro the audio does not match up with the video.

Now here's the interesting part, both the video and audio are the same length in time, but the audio seems to have extra blank space at the beginning. When you hit play the video is way ahead of the audio, but by the time you get to the end of the video they have synced up again. So it would appear that this blank space has been squeezed in at the front, meaning that the further you go along the video the closer you get to a video in sync ... strange.

I have tried with all different formats, but its the same problem across the board.

Any input is very welcome.

Thanks.

If it helps, this is the previous discussion dealing with the lag: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3163722#3163722

Message was edited by: GTH2007