1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 11:09 AM by Flex harUI

Keyboard layout bug

archemedia Level 4

Hi all,

This is a matter which has been reported already but for clearness, I start a new discussion on this.

When you add some text input fields in an application, sometimes, the browser changes keyboard layout to qwerty.

It SOMETIMES happens on SOME computers which makes the detection of the problem rather hard.

There are a lot of  topics on this on the internet (http://www.gotoandlearnforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10889) but none of them gives a clear reason or solution to this problem!

the problem gets really frustrating if you work with password fields. If people enter their password (for instance 1234) they're actually inputting &é"' or some other qwerty characters. Off course, they can't log in because they can't SEE what they're typing.

Just changing the keyboard layout to whatever language is needed doesn't solve the problem. The application gets 'stuck' into qwerty (US).

Is adobe aware of this problem? Is there a solution which I can present to all my users?

Thx,

Dany