12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 11:04 PM by Powered by Design

Back to basics on Exporting to AVI or MOV - HD

rowby Level 1

Hello all!

I can't believe I'm asking this because I have exported from Premiere for years.   (But not to MOV and AVI when dealing with HD -- it was always to some compressed format such as FLV or MP4, etc.))

And I asked a similar question just a few days ago.  But now I need to be very specific about this specific project.

I need to export from premiere CS5 to a file I can use in After Effects. CS5

Yes, I've been trying dynamic link -- and have had nothing but problems, so for now, for this project I need to export from premiere to a old fashioned AVI or MOV file and then import into After Effects.

My sequence settings are 1920 x 1080. 29.97 FPS   (FYI My orignal MOV  video file sizes are Image Size: 1920 x 1080

The only AVI and MOV files export options I see will not give me the above sizes, or will give me sizes with black bars above and below.

I don't want to lose quality during the export for many reasons, including I will export out of After Effects back into Premiere when I am finished in After Effects.

Thanks

Rowby