6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2010 2:33 PM by r.bruce27

install Trial AP9 for mac not possible?

r.bruce27 Level 1

Hi,
      I've been trying to install Premiere Elements demo on my Mac, but run into errors at the beginning of the installation.
      I have tried to solve the issue by fixing permissions. Also I have rebooted my Mac and log in holding the shift key to prevent any apps to start on login.
      The last thing I tried was copying the data with the setup files from within the DMG as I found out that the DMG unmounted as soon as the copying should start. Unfortunately nothing helps.
      At the links below you find some screenshots I made of the error and warning messages that show up. They appear as soon as I have passed all steps of the installer and the installation should begin.
      Any hints/ideas?
      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24219/errors1.jpg

I hope so because I want to try AP9....
      Thanks!
      bruce

• 1. Re: install Trial AP9 for mac not possible?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Do you have any CS4 or CS5 programs installed on your computer? Are you running Bridge in the background?

Also, which version of OSX are you running?

I've had not problems at all installing or running the program on my OSX 10.5 -- so I'm surprised to hear that a couple of Mac users are.

So have you contacted Adobe? They need to know -- and they may even know of a solution we don't.

• 2. Re: install Trial AP9 for mac not possible?
            Install_Guru Adobe Employee

Hi,

After analyzing your error messages, it seems you are trying to install PRE Content before installing PRE Core application.

Please install Core application first and then try to install content.And let us know if issue still exists.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Gupta

• 3. Re: install Trial AP9 for mac not possible?
              r.bruce27 Level 1

Hi there!

First, I am sorry for my late reply for suddenly several reasons.

I can not answer your suggestions for I need hekp from my sun to that and he is very busy.

I only can tell you that I installed the software following the instructions by dowlaoding thus core appl first but the trail does not work.

I hope to inform you soon more what may be can help for a solution or do you have already another option?.

Thanks & Regards,

bruce

Op 29 sep 2010, om 06:29 heeft Install_Guru het volgende geschreven:

Hi,

After analyzing your error messages, it seems you are trying to install PRE Content before installing PRE Core application.

Please install Core application first and then try to install content.And let us know if issue still exists.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Gupta

>

• 4. Re: install Trial AP9 for mac not possible?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you sure you're trying to install the Mac version of the program?

You've got so many error codes, it's like you've trying to load a PC program onto a Mac!

It may be best to contact Adobe tech support for this one. Something is very wrong on your computer.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414984?tstart=30

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: install Trial AP9 for mac not possible?
                  Install_Guru Adobe Employee

Hi,

Title bar of your error message indicates that your are installing Content and not Core Application. Earlier, there has been issue with download link that when user tries to download Core Application then content gets downloaded but this issue has been resolved now. Please once again download and then try to install Core Application first and let us know if issue still exist.

Thanks,

Gaurav

• 6. Re: install Trial AP9 for mac not possible?
                    r.bruce27 Level 1

You are right, we did it over and now I am able to use the trialversion.

(For me it is a very complicated way to do this download...)

The program looks nice, I 'll start exploring it to morrow!

Thanks all for your help!

with regards,

bruce

Op 12 okt 2010, om 07:06 heeft Install_Guru het volgende geschreven:

Hi,

Title bar of your error message indicates that your are installing Content and not Core Application. Earlier, there has been issue with download link that when user tries to download Core Application then content gets downloaded but this issue has been resolved now. Please once again download and then try to install Core Application first and let us know if issue still exist.

Thanks,

Gaurav

>