Can you try accessing the PDF link, thorugh any other browser other than Internet Explorer, say Mozilla Firefox. Cause this looks like to be a issue specific to some setting in the Internet Explorer.
Could you also let me know a couple of other things as well:
1. When you said that nothing happens, do you mean that you get a blank page on clicking on the link, or is their no response at all?
2. Do you have any other PDF reader application on your system aprt from Adobe Reader?
Thanks in advance for providing the information.
Thanks for your reply.
Google Chrome will open the links, although in a different manner, sometimes in a new window and sometimes in the original window.
When I say nothing happens, I mean no response at all.
There is no other PDF reader, but two of the three Win 7 machines have something called Cute PDF Writer.
Thanks for trying out with a different browser. It certainly looks like some setting on your Internet Explorer is not allowing you to access the links. Can you check the following settings:
1. What is the version of Internet Explorer that you are using
2. Check for the Pop Up Blocker settings. Maybe the Pop Up blocker is prohibiting the opening of PDFs. Try turning it Off.
3. Also, can you please check whether you have an Add On for Adobe PDF listed in your Internet Explorer. You can gather the required information to do the same from http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/pdf.htm (Under the Steps specific to Windows XP Service Pack 2 section)
Hopefully one of these works out for you.