13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2010 8:05 AM by aabarreiros

event firing problem on air 2.0

aabarreiros Level 1

Hi to all,

I have a big problem, with air 1.5.3 installed on my computer when i export and install a version of the software, the code:

imgBmp.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, errorThumb);
      imgBmp.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, createThumb);
      imgBmp.source = src;

fires the complete.

If i install the air 2.0.3 on my computer it don't fires, running on flex builder always work, does someone have a clue??

The project is on flex 3.

Thanks in advance

Alex

• 1. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
          aabarreiros Level 1

Update,

After try/error debug a found that is behavier just happens if in the computer the version of air installed is 2.0.3, if i install the version 2.0.2 all my code runs fine, now my big problem is air 2.0.3 is a runtime-only release, so i can't install a 2.0.3 framework to simulate the problem.

How can i resolver this? i have a lot of clients reporting bugs, each time adobe releases an update to adobe air something in my app don't work

Best Regards

Alex

• 2. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
            aabarreiros Level 1

Anyone can help? In our company we are desperate to solve this problem, our clientes are losing money because of this, and we are spending all of our human resources trying to solve this.

Thanks in advance

Alex

• 3. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
              Hitomi Kudo Level 3

Hi aabarreiros,

I just noticed your post. I will look into this issue and get back to you. Please stay tuned. Meanwhile if you can open a new post with same contents in AIR forum, it would be helpful for AIR team to keep track.

Best Regards,

Hitomi Kudo

AIR team

• 4. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                Hitomi Kudo Level 3

Update,

After try/error debug a found that is behavier just happens if in the computer the version of air installed is 2.0.3, if i install the version 2.0.2 all my code runs fine, now my big problem is air 2.0.3 is a runtime-only release, so i can't install a 2.0.3 framework to simulate the problem.

You can specify command line argument '-runtime' to specify 2.0.3 runtime in your Flex builder's Debug Congifrations UI. Or simply launch your app with AIR adl with specifying installed runtime by 'adl -rutnime <path to 2.0.3 runtime>'  in command line like following example:

Example (Windows XP):    adl -runtime "C:\Program Files\Common Files" "my-app.xml"

Hitomi

• 5. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                  Hitomi Kudo Level 3
                  imgBmp.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, errorThumb);
                  imgBmp.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, createThumb);
                  imgBmp.source = src;

Can you provide simple bug file that I can see your problem? Or if it's time consuming to narrow down, can you provide your .air application?

Thank you.

Hitomi

• 6. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                    Mihai Balan Adobe Employee

Hi Alex,

I tried creating a small sample to reproduce your problem, but couldn't run into the problems you encounter. You can find it attached to the post - it would be great if you could take a look at it and let us know what is it that you're doing differently.

In the mean time, could you provide some more details to better help us investigate this? Here's what would help:

• the namespace your application is using (the sample I attached uses 1.5.3, but I tested with 2.0 too without a problem)
                    • the version of the Flex SDK and AIR SDK you're using to compile your application
                    • the OS you're seeing this problem on (I tested on Windows XP SP3)
                    • any other info that's specific for your application (image source, when are the event listeners attached, etc.)

Hope this helps,

Mihai

• 7. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                      aabarreiros Level 1

Hi Mihai,

Yesterday was a holyday back here in Portugal and i was out of my city, the problem only happens when you use images bigger than 8000px, till now i use this code for showing an warning to the user that the image is too big to be render in air, that warning was show whe the complete mesage is fired, but if you use a bigger image the complete isn't fired.

Currently i'm using de 3.5 sdk with the latest air sdk included, i have tryed de nigthly build and the result is the same, the namespace i have tryed with 1.5.3 and 2.0 the result is the same, i install the aplication on windows XP,vista and 7 and the problem is the same.

Best Regards and thanks for your anwser

Alex

• 8. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                        Hitomi Kudo Level 3

Alex,

Can you tell us what is your image format is? Is that JPEG or what?

thanks,

Hitomi

• 10. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                          aabarreiros Level 1

Hi hkudo, Mihai

Have you reproduced the error?

Best regards

Alex

• 11. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                            Hitomi Kudo Level 3

Alex,

Yes, I could reproduce the problem and verified that it was an injection bug during AIR 2.0.3 (and FlashPlayer 10.1.82) project. Good news is that this bug was fixed in recent project and the fix will come with the release sometime later this year. Unfortunately we couldn't make this happen in very next release but I expect the following release will happen very shortly after the next update. I hope this will help your business situation. Thank you for your patient and looking forward to work with you through Adobe FlashRuntime product. Oh, please post an AIR issue to AIR forum next time so we can help you sooner than later.

Best Regards,

Hitomi Kudo

AIR team

• 12. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                              aabarreiros Level 1

Hi hkudo,

Thank you, i will wait for the release of air with the problem solved, this situation is giving up a lot of troble with our clients.

Best Regards

Alexandre

• 13. Re: event firing problem on air 2.0
                                aabarreiros Level 1

Hi hkudo,

Does this latest air version resolve the problem i have reported??

Best Regards

Alex