6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 9:03 AM by Casho1

Problem with Downloaded Content Add-ons - PE9 Trial

Casho1

I have recently installed the PE9 trial on my Windows 7 PC. It is all working well except I have some questions about the Content Add-ons that can be downloaded from the following URL: http://www.adobe.com/special/premiereel/downloads/. I was prompted to download these within PE9.

I note that for each of the 3 available content packages (i.e. 1, 2 and 3) , there is a HD version and what I assume to be a non-HD version. Is the idea that you need to download both, and use the HD version when working on HD projects, and the non-HD version for standard definition projects. Are they otherwise identical?

When I download the non-HD versions, they appear in both my standard definition and HD projects. The HD version also appears in both project types but when I  view the available themes in PE9 the thumbnails for the HD project themes are all  greyed out (whereas the thumbnails for the non-HD themes display a sample picture). Also, when I click on the HD themes they don't play any sample audio, whereas the non-HD themes do. Has anyone got any ideas why this would be occurring and how I can fix this? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

Assuming that I am eventually able to get the HD thumbnails to display correctly, I am curious to know how you can tell whether a particular theme thumbnail is HD or non-HD given that they both appear in both standard definition and HD projects.

This has got me quite confused, and any help would be appreciated.

Given that every user that downloads the PE9 Trial is prompted to download the Content Add-ons, I really think that Adobe is doing themselves a disservice by not providing more clarity on the differences between the Content Add-ons. Just a brief explanation on the download site would be helpful.

If anyone from Adobe is reading this, there is the following typo on the download site: "HD content1: Themed content includes HD content includes Birthday Party, Road Trip, Outdoor".