4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 4:00 PM by sami90210

RTL problem in Director

sami90210 Level 1

Hi

We have an Arabic educational application published originally as projector for desktop use. Since Director don't support “right to left” languages, the application uses an ActivX component to call external encoded html and load it into a textarea container, in this way the Arabic language can be written and redden.

We are up to make this application to work on the web as shockwave movie. We have published  it as dcr file and compressed all medias successfully but we have an error that comes in the preloading time that say :" ActiveX field to initialize or missing"

i understand dcr cannot use ActiveX becuase the browser wont let this ActiveX file to be installed for security reasons, but what if ill transplant this file manually in the OS and than run the dcr? i would try it if i knew the name of this file and where to transplant it,

does anyone know what is the name of the file and where it should be living in the Windows XP  operating system?

Thanks

S

• 1. Re: RTL problem in Director
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

It still won't work - the xtra itself has an internal flag that says it isn't Shockwave-safe.

What about using a Flash sprite for text display/input?

• 2. Re: RTL problem in Director
            sami90210 Level 1

Is there a way to modify this flag?

Flash is also not so friendly to RTL language, but still better than Director.maybe it can use xFonts or something.how to place the swf movie. just import it and drag it to the canvas?

• 3. Re: RTL problem in Director
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
              Is there a way to modify this flag?

No.

You CAN'T use ActiveX in Shockwave - accept this and move on.

• 4. Re: RTL problem in Director
                sami90210 Level 1

ok i have imported a swf textarea and it  seems ok, i also can write text and no errors but now im facing the other problem. the words been typed sent to the script to be proceeds, for example there is a speed typing test that check if all the typed words are correct.

in the original the application uses:

sprite(120).navigate(the moviePath & "assets\t.html")

to load the html into the textarea and uses

on hideQuitDialog me
                  if the frame > 45 then
                    mySprite.locV = 485
                    mySprite.puppet = 0
                    mySprite.navigate("Javascript: focusText()")
                  end if
                end

to get some javascript from the html.

now that i use swf  as the input container what  code i can use so the characters being type also can be send to the script to be processed

.Tx