3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2010 11:01 PM by Mohd Fayaz RSS

PureMVC Tutorial

JasonLynch426 Community Member

Hi all! I'm looking into writing a detailed tutorial for designing and implementing a Flex application using PureMVC. It's for a technical writing class and I'm wondering what you, as Flex developers, would like to see in that tutorial. When I started using PureMVC at work, I remember it had a steep learning curve and looking at example applications alone isn't much help as the program flow of a PureMVC app can be hard to follow because of the way that the components communicate with eachother. I'd like to cover both single-core and multi-core with the pipes utility. Any responses you can give would help me with my project and be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- Jason

• 1. Re: PureMVC Tutorial
          BhaskerChari Community Member

Hi Jason,

Have you gonethorugh this site...??

http://puremvc.org/

You can find lot of demos, documnetation, code and what not...!!!

Thanks,

Bhasker

• 2. Re: PureMVC Tutorial
            JasonLynch426 Community Member

Thank you for the quick reply Bhasker. I have looked through the PureMVC site and I've seen quite a few well-written tutorials and examples and the best-practices guide on there is great. I'm already familiar with PureMVC, but my goal is to write a tutorial for others with more emphasis on designing an application with PureMVC than the actual implementation. As PureMVC has been implemented in multiple languages, the best-practices guide is written in a language-agnostic manner, so what I'd like to do is focus on using it specifically with Actionscript 3.0 and Flex. I'm writing this tutorial as a project for a class and this is part of my preliminary research, but I'd like to make something that's useful for other developers that I could submit to the PureMVC site. I understand my question is a little vague, but I've seen comments from others who have had trouble using the examples on the PureMVC site in their own projects. What I'd like to know is, what should I include in order write a tutorial that will help others use PureMVC in their own applications?

Thanks again,

- Jason

• 3. Re: PureMVC Tutorial
              Mohd Fayaz Community Member

Hi Jason,

I am a newbie to puremvc framework and need help startup with this framework. Can you please provide me some simple example applications so that i can begin to learn development using this framework.

Thanks in Advance.