3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 7:19 AM by the_wine_snob

What is in the Content download files?

dimelives

Hi all. I just ordered Photoshop Elements 9 & Premiere Elements 9, and have already downloaded the installer files for each, but what is included in the many "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content" files, and do I need them? Is it just templates and such, or is it required files? A prompt and full answer would be much appreciated! Thanks!

PS: And if I do download them, which of "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content All", "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content 1", "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content 2", "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content 3", "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 HD Content 1", "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 HD Content 2", and "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 HD Content 3" do I need? Is EVERYTHING in the "Content All" download?

• 1. Re: What is in the Content download files?
          digitalreply Level 1

Pre9 has two installers - one for the Core Application and second for the content(or templates.)

"Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Content" files contain SD and HD content i.e. movie themes, DVD templates, title templates etc

Pre8 also followed a similar structure, only difference being that in Pre8 when the content installer was run it installed the entire content (HD and SD)

With this release, adobe has split the content into different installers. (SD Content 1, 2 and 3 and HD Content 1,2 and 3)

Installing the content is optional, you may skip running the content installer or run it later, and it shall have NO effect on the normal functioning of Pre 9.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: What is in the Content download files?
            dimelives Level 1

Great, thanks! Awful lot of file space just for templates...

• 3. Re: What is in the Content download files?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

That is one of the reasons that the program (+ content) comes in two files - users have the option of NOT installing the additional content. Other than not having access to the Menus, Themes, etc., the program still functions just fine.

Good luck,

Hunt