6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 11:30 AM by the_wine_snob

PRESET help

sebabosss

Hello,

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 9, and FRAPS fullscreen game recorder with settings 1920x1080 full HD, 60fps

Now i'd like to ask you what preset should i choose at the beginning, when i am asked for project name and settings.

Thank you very much for your answer,

-Sebastjan

• 1. Re: PRESET help
          nealeh Level 5

If FRAPS is HD standards compliant, try NTSC> AVCHD> Full HD 1080i 30. If FRAPS can be set to 30fps you could also try that. You'll know if you have the correct preset if the clip imports without a red line along the timebar. If you find a clean solution (preset + source file settings) please post back with details of what worked for you.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PRESET help
            sebabosss Level 1

I set fraps to 30fps and i used settings as u suggested.

When i imported media video (avi that fraps made - gameplay video) PRE said that preset is wrong and suggested me the ''real'' one.

I exported video at highest 1920x1080 resolution MPEG, but it came out very bad and low quality.

Then i exported 1920x1080 for youtube - bad quality again.

• 3. Re: PRESET help
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, FRAPS uses a codec that's not compatible with Premiere Elements -- so you may have to fudge it (though it also may not work at all).

Try using the setting Neale suggests above, ignoring the mismatch warning. Then right-click on the clips on your timeline and select Field Options/Flicker Removal. Then use these settings for outputting to YouTube.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549?tstart=0

That's probably the best you'll get, unfortunately. As I say, you're way outside the realm of what Premiere Elements was designed to edit -- so if that doesn't work, it may be best to look into another program. (Ulead's video editor can sometimes work better with these non-standard editor formats.)

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: PRESET help
                the_wine_snob Level 9

There might be some useful tips in this THREAD, or in the various linked threads within.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: PRESET help
                  sebabosss Level 1

thank you very much guys

• 6. Re: PRESET help
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Most welcome and happy editing!

Hunt

PS - too bad that the OP of that thread that I linked to took down his flight-sim shots from FRAPS - really some neat images! Now, all we have are a few placeholders.