4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2010 2:06 AM by Scotlad86

TextArea Question

Scotlad86

How can I limit the number of characters per line to 3, whilst keeping an overall textArea width of 200?

• 1. Re: TextArea Question
          miguel8312 Level 3

you can try the property

maxChars="0"

of the text area component then just make the width whatever you want.

if this answers your question please mark it as such!

• 2. Re: TextArea Question
            Scotlad86 Level 1

HI, would that not limit the max characters of the whole textArea?

I just want to set a limit of 3 characters per line so no more than 3 digits can be added per line... like this:

Text Area

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

|  111                                                                |

|  245                                                                |

|  333                                                                |

|  222                                                                |

|  123                                                                |

|  111                                                                |

|                                                                       |

|                                                                       |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The user will input this list manually I will the process it line by line by grabbing each number and putting it into an array for further processing (assuming this is possible).

Message was edited by: Scotlad86

• 3. Re: TextArea Question
              Flex harUI Adobe Employee

That'll require custom code handling the textInput event.

• 4. Re: TextArea Question
                Scotlad86 Level 1

Any pointers on how to do it?