2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 2:24 PM by MJOrts

How do I change output to black and white?

LWAILD

I am making pdfs out of Autocad 2008 Electrical dwgs. When created they appear as the colors on the dwg. Is there a way to create them so the pdf is in black and white? I seem to remember when I first started creating them, they were created in black and white. I am wondering if a setting got changed.

• 1. Re: How do I change output to black and white?
          Level 4

LWAILD wrote:

I am making pdfs out of Autocad 2008 Electrical dwgs. When created they appear as the colors on the dwg. Is there a way to create them so the pdf is in black and white? I seem to remember when I first started creating them, they were created in black and white. I am wondering if a setting got changed.

This is not a color management question but an application-specific issue.  I would inquire at the Autocad software web site or at thew Adobe Acrobat forum for your specific platform, Macintosh or Windows.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

• 2. Re: How do I change output to black and white?
            MJOrts Level 3

Hello,

I'm unfamiliar with Autocad 2008, but you could try converting these files to a grayscale profile inside of Acrobat.  Inside the Acrobat menu, go to:

Advanced > Print Production > Convert Colors...

Then check on the check box in the Output section of the dialog that says "Convert colors to Output Intent".  Next to this there's a drop down menu labeled "Profile:".  Use this drop down menu to select a grayscale profile (these are listed as the bottom of the list as "Dot Gain xx%" or "Gray Gamma x.x").  Gray Gamma 2.2 might be your safest bet.  Unfortunately this action is also undoable in Acrobat, so you'll get a warning for this after you hit OK in the dialog.  If you don't like the result I think you'll have to close the document without saving and then reopen it to try another profile.