1 2 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2011 1:18 PM by nealeh

Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem

A.T. Romano Level 7

I will confine my editorializing to "Deja vu, all over again" and describe the Premiere Elements 9 problem that sounds like I was reliving the release of Premiere Elements 8.

I downloaded and installed Premiere Elements 9 tryout, and it worked great for about 7 days. With no changes in the computer environment, suddenly when Premiere Elements 9 was loading a new project, it would stop at PlayerMediaCore.prm and pop up a message:

"We have detected an incompatible driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver. Display driver details: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce....." and it went on to fully name my video card driver. When I clicked on OK, the program continued to load completely and opened to the workspace where the Edit Mode Monitor performance was, best described as, wacky....Timeline content that would not present in the Edit Mode Monitor, Preview Windows that froze in the Edit Mode Monitor, etc. And, Edit Mode Full Screen Previews did not work at all. The technical irony in all this was that I have Premiere Elements 6, 7, and 8/8.0.1 all installed on the same computer, and all were still performing great when I was using them one at a time as a control.

When I went to Hardware/Device Manager and attempted to "update" my NVIDIA card driver, the "update" that installed automatically was older than what is was replacing. BUT, now Premiere Elements 9 did work as expected. HOWEVER, now my Premiere Elements 6, 7, and 8/8.0.1 were crashing at various times from loading to opening of the workspace. I am still hunting for a replacement NVIDIA driver that will fix the Premiere Elements 9 display issue and not kill my Premiere Elements 6, 7, and 8/8.0.1.

In investigating this matter, I noticed that the Premiere Elements 8/8.0.1 "Enable GPU Playback" is gone in version 9. And, now, if you right click the Premiere Elements 9 Edit Mode Monitor, you have a Playback Quality option of Automatic or Highest. That tells me that Adobe was at work making changes in the name of better. And, I am wondering if what I am encountering is related to Adobe's attempted improvements in display which was one of the issues in Premiere Elements 8.0 when it was released. Or, could this be related to making AVCHD a native format? Lots of possibilities.

The above is my long way of saying "Has anyone run into this type of situation with Premiere Elements 9, any workarounds found (other than buying a new video card just for Premiere Elements 9, ???"

At this point, I know of one other person who got a similar message from Premiere Elements 9 and resolved the problem by updating the NVIDIA card driver. But that still raises the question "Do we need a special video card driver just for Premiere Elements 9?" and "Why?"

ATR

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
          nealeh Level 5

NVIDIA routinely provided a driver update each month. But the current version (258.96 WHQL) was released in July. If you are getting an older version via Device Manager you should use the web download at http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us.

Also available is v260.63 Beta from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us which might be worth trying.

For best results uninstall the current driver first.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Neale

Thanks.

Since I posted this thread and before I saw your message, I was to the NVIDIA site (same links that you posted).

NVIDIA tells me I have the latest version of the driver for the video card type that I have. I downloaded what they showed anyway, uninstalled what I had, turned off the antivirus, and installed NVIDIA's "latest". Same result, that Premiere Elements 9 display warning message and the "wacky" Edit Mode Monitor previews once I OK's the warnimg message and the workspace opened.

I need to think on this some more.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
              Daksha123 Level 1

Hi Romano,

Please try again (i.e. just re-launch app) after deleting “\\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\BadDrivers.txt” file.

If you face the same problem again then please send us the complete driver details shown in the message box.

Cheers,

Vijay

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Vijay

Your suggestion to delete the Premiere Elements 9 Bad Driver.txt file resolved the display issue that I described for the Premiere Elements 9 tryout that I had in my Windows XP Professional SP3 NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X computer environment. Now all is well with everything "Display", including Edit Mode Monitor and Full Screen Previews. For that I give you many thanks. The timely and right on fix were much appreciated.

Since your address suggests that you work for Adobe, are you at liberty to go into more details on the nature of this Bad Driver.txt file. I am particularly interested in learning why it took 7 days after the Premiere Elements 9 tryout download/installation and successful use of the tryout before the problem appeared. I did not see this type of problem mentioned in the Known Issues of the Premiere Elements 9 Read Me file.

Again thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                  Robert J. Johnston Level 2

Thanks, Vijay. That fixed the display problem on my machine, too.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                    jjjbbbqqq

Bought Premiere Elements 9 and experienced the same problem.  Went to the NVIDIA web site suggested above, ensured I identified the correct driver (NVIDIA GeForece G105M) and downloaded the latest driver (Rlease 256 dated July 2010).  After installation, my vidio problems were solved.  Seams to be working fine!!!

Thanks for the fantastic advice from Nealeh!

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

I really like seeing all these positive results. A video driver update can work wonders.

Good luck to all,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

There is more to this story than meets the eye. And, until Vijay or someone at Adobe comes forward and explains what the BadDrivers.txt file in Premiere Elements 9 is all about, updating the video card driver seems to me to be a dangerous generalization.

In my case (before Vijay's intervention), Premiere Elements 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0/8.0.1 all had great displays and a Full Screen Feature. When Premiere Elements 9 was installed, enter the Premiere Elements 9 Edit Mode Monitor display and Full Screen problems while all the other versions were performing great in the same computer.  As I said before, according to NVIDIA, I had the latest card version installed. The real irony of the "update video card driver" generalization is that, in my case, downgrading my video card driver got rid of the Premiere Elements 9 problems, but left the other previously working program down (crashes).

It was ONLY Vijay's suggestion to delete the Premiere Elements 9 BadDrivers.txt file that turned out to be the real answer. Apparently, after its deletion, the BadDrivers.txt file is regenerated once the program is restarted. Vijay's suggestion resulted in ALL the versions of Premiere Elements with functioning Edit Mode Monitor displays as well as Full Screen previews.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Maybe a return visit will shed light on the BadDrivers.txt file.

Hunt

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                            Daksha123 Level 1

If GPU card is available on a system, PRE9 uses that card for faster and smoother playback. If the driver version installed on the mechine is not compatible with PRE9,  that driver version is stored in BadDrivers.txt file and then PRE9 runs in pure software mode to avoid any further crashes/problems due to that bad driver. It generally happens when driver promises to support some GPU capabilities but actually doesn't support those capabilities at all...

In this scenario, PRE9 shows a warning message to users that driver installed on the machine is not compatible and user should update display driver.  Generally updating to latest display driver should solve this problem: if latest driver is compatibe with PRE9, PRE9 will run in normal mode with faster and smoother playback. (As in case of Hunt & jjjbbbqqq)

Sometimes, as in case of Ron, even the latest driver shows *inconsistent* incomaptibility with PRE9. And in this case deleting "BadDrivers.txt" file should work.

If an user is observing consistent incompatibility (even after deleting "BadDrivers.txt" file the same message pops up again) with the latest driver then that driver is really a bad driver for PRE9 and with that driver PRE9 will always run in pure software mode. There is a very little probability of this kind of card and driver.

So in summary,

if user is getting warning message : "We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver "

1. User should try to get the latest driver for the card available on those systems,

2. If user is getting same message again even after updating the driver, try to re-launch app after deleting BadDrivers.txt file,

3. If even deleting “BadDrivers.txt” is not working and they are again getting same message, then that driver is really a bad driver for PRE9. PRE9 will run in pure software mode in that case.

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Vijay/PRE9 Forum

Thank you very much for the details related Premiere Elements 9 BadDrivers.text file.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                Alan Silberlight Level 1

Help! I have the same problem on a Sony laptop running

Windows 7 Ultimate. I updated to the latest video drivers--no success.

I tried to delete the Bad Driver text file but cannot find it. Where would it be on my machine?

Thank you very much.

Alan Silberlight

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Vijay described the path back in post #3 of this thread

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\BadDrivers.txt” file.

That worked for me with Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit. Not sure of location in other versions of Windows...maybe this link will help on that matter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Where-are-my-files-and-folders-after-upgrading -from-Windows-XP-or-Windows-Vista

After intallation of Premiere Elements 9 trial version, BadDrivers.txt may not appear until AFTER (at least) one project opening. Once you see it and delete it from the location cited above, it will regenerate the next time you go looking for it.

Please let me know if you need anymore details on this.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                    Alan Silberlight Level 1

Thank you for responding. I opened APE-9 once again, creating a new project

. I looked for the Bad Driver file but could not find it.

By the way, I also installed the trial version in a Dell desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and have not experienced the problem.

Also, I did a search for the Bad Driver file but it turned up nothing.

Alan Silberlight

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                      jjjbbbqqq Level 1

did you upgrad the display driver?  That is what worked for me (HP Pavilion

runnings Windows 7).

Go to this path for Adobe forum that solves the video problem:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/732067?tstart=0

I went to NVIDIA page to download the latest verson of display driver: 

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

Maybe that will work for you.

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                        Alan Silberlight Level 1

Thank you for responding. I did upgrade the video driver...same result. Also, NVidia's page mentions that the available driver is not for Sony Vaio laptops. I upgraded by going to Sony's page.

Still cannot find the Bad Driver text file.....

Alan Silberlight

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                          Daksha123 Level 1

Alan,

Paths for BadDrivers.txt:

Win7: <rootdrive>\ProgramData\Adobe\PremiereElements\9.0\

Win XP: <rootdrive>\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\

Also look at my comment on http://forums.adobe.com/thread/728439 for similar issue.

1 person found this helpful
                                          • 18. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Thank you again for your intervention on this Premiere Elements 9 display issue which is a serious concern of many.

ATR

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                              Alan Silberlight Level 1

My thanks to both Daksha 123 and A.T. Romano. I was able to delete the Bad Driver file. However, I still get the bad driver message. Hopefully, Adobe will issue some sort of patch. Luckily, I have another computer with which to work. Others might have to rely on just one, finding that the program is not displaying video.

Alan Silberlight

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Thanks for the follow up.

Are you going to install Premiere Elements 9 on the other computer? Or, do you have a prior version of Premiere Elements that you use on the other computer?

If you do install Premiere Elements 9 to another computer, it will be interesting to see how it performs there and note the differences between the two computers.

If you get time, any further information would be very helpful to getting at any and all of these display problems with Premiere Elements 9, be it trial version or purchased version.

ATR

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                  Daksha123 Level 1

Alan,

What is the text of display warning message? (cardname and driver version)

Can you also share the content of BadDrivers.txt file?

Thanks,

Vijay

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                    Alan Silberlight Level 1

To Vijay and A.T. Romano:

I am happy to help out any way I can. First, I do plan on installing PE9.0 on 2 other computers, both running Windows XP. Currently, both of these computers (Dell desktop and laptop) have PE2.0 running, with no problems. I will try to do these installations later on today.

The 2 new computers have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. While I have installed PE2.0 on these computers, the program runs slowly. I assume PE2.0 and Windows 7 are not compatible. As I mentioned before, PE 9.0 runs fine on the Dell desktop. It does not play videos on the Sony laptop.

The contents of the text file are..

##FALSE#0#0#0

The error message when the program is launched is..

Display driver details :NVIDIA Corporation – GeForce GT 330M/PCI/SSE2 3.0 NVIDIA 188.67

I do hope this help. I can only guess that the problem is wide spread.

Thank you again.

Alan Silberlight

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                      Alan Silberlight Level 1

Update--I installed PE9 on 2 machines, a 7 year old Dell desktop and a 5 year old Dell laptop. Both computers are running XP. The program does work but the videos do not play smoothly---probably because PE9 needs newer, stronger computers. I did see an error message on the desktop that said that the video display (or driver?) was a generic Microsoft one. That occurred the first time I launched the program but not the second time.

Mr first intention was to install PE 9 on 2 machines, the new ones running Windows 7. Unfortunately, the program does not seem to like the driver on the Sony Vaio laptop. Can't go to manufacturer's website; I must use only the driver on Sony's website.
                                                      I would ask if the people who have had this problem have Sony Vaio laptops or those of other manufacturers.
                                                      Thank you very much.
                                                      Alan Silberlight
                                                      • 24. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Alan,

What are the full specs. of your two machines, especially the CPU and the video card, make/model, plus the driver date/number?

What are the full specs. of your source footage? The great, free utility, G-SPOT, will give those to you, and if you post a screen-cap from that program w/ one of your files, we can help you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

My problem that started this thread was independant of source media. And, be advised that I am currently working from a desktop computer with a Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit operating system which is in no way "high power". The video card is a NVIDIA GeForce one. Here are my new set of questions for the present situation that you described:

a. What is the specific wording of the display warning or error message that you now get on the other computer(s)? Before Vijay came to my rescue with the delete the BadDrivers.txt file and when I was still exploring different drivers for my video card, I did get one of those generic Microsoft ones also. The latter warning message disappeared and was replaced with the warning specific to the original NVIDIA driver version when I went back to the original NVIDIA driver version. In these computers that you are trying to work with now, have you deleted the BadDrivers.txt file in each?

b. Rendering the Timeline in the Edit Mode has always been necesary to get the best possible preview of the end product, be it Premiere Elements 2, 4, 7, 8.0/8.0.1, or 9. It was my experience that version 8 needed this type of rendering to get a smooth playback more so that the earlier versions.

It seems to me that in your troubleshooting you need to make the distinction between smooth playback of the Timeline vs the odd display properties in the Edit Mode Monitor when playing back your video. It is my impression that what started this thread was not related to problematic video codecs or AVCHD frame sizes and such, but rather to Adobe's design changes in the Premiere Elements 9 display dynamics.

Also, please remind me if you are working with the Premiere Elements 9 trial version or the purchase copy.

I think that if you troubleshoot systematically, sorting out playback smoothness issues from display distortion/odd behavior not related to playback smoothness, the troubleshooting will end with more productive results.

We will be watching for your results. My Premiere Elements 9 trial version just expired, and the purchased copy will not arrive until next Tuesday. I will report then whether I experience these same display issues in the purchased copy.

ATR

• 26. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                            Daksha123 Level 1

Hi Alan, ATR

The two warning messages are totally different:

1. Detected Generic Microsoft's display driver : This warning message is shown to the user when Microsoft's generic display driver is found on the user's machine. This warns user to update the display driver (if available) for better performance of PRE9. Sometimes user might be having integrated graphics chipset or even GPU card but the driver on the system might be Microsoft's generic display driver. SO in these cases, this warning message helps user to exploit available hardware acceleration at the best. If Microsoft's generic display driver is present then this warning message is shown to the user at every 5th launch of app to make him/her aware of driver version.     

2. Detected Incompatible display driver : This warning message is shown when an incompatible display driver is found on the system at every launch of app. The driver information is stored in BadDrivers.txt file and then PRE9 runs in pure software mode (without using any hardware acceleartion to avoid any further crashes due to that incompatible driver). User is advised to update the driver (if available) for better performance of PRE9. This has already been discussed in details in previous posts...

-Vijay

• 27. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Vijay

Thanks for the additional information. You have been very helpful and generous with your time in responding to this matter. Can I impose on you for a bit more information?

As I recall, I did receive the generic Microsoft Display Driver message after I rolled back my NVIDIA card driver version since the latest was said to be the latest version available and that was not getting rid of the Detected Incompatible Display Driver message. So, I assume that the explanation for these messages that you just presented are consistent with that.

If you are at liberty to do so, could you please go a step further with the fix of deleting the BadDrivers.txt file.

In my case, once

a. I left the NVIDIA card driver at the original (latest) version that existed when the "Detected Incompatible Driver message" was first encountered

and

b. Delected the BadDrivers.txt file

then

c. I never got that "Detected Incompatible Driver message" again, be it after every launch or every 5th launch (as was supposed to be the case for the Microsoft Display Driver message).

But the BadDrivers.txt file is regenerated. What in the deletion/regeneration stops the BadDrivers.txt file from doing its unwanted thing at the beginning of the next program launch or thereafter? And, why is the BadDrivers.txt file specific for Premiere Elements 9 and its display? I have Premiere Elements 4, 7, and 8.0/8.0.1 as well on the same computer and each is performing in all aspect great, while Premiere Elements 9 display is laboring to get through its display paces with the same NVIDIA card driver. And, after deleting this one file, Premiere Elements 9 display is then also great for me.

The BadDrivers.txt PLUS the replacement of the VideoRenderer.dll in the location that Adobe pointed out cleared up any Premiere Elements 9 display issues that I had using the Premiere Elements 9 trial version. Next Monday I should have the purchased version of 9.

Thank you again.

ATR

• 28. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                nealeh Level 5

nvidia have just released, in the last few days, 260.89 WHQL driver. Interestingly this version does an in place install and didn't need to restart the PC (although I did anyway).

Cheers,
                                                                --
                                                                Neale

• 29. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                  Alan Silberlight Level 1

Thank you, Bill, ATR, Vijay and Neale for your input and responses. I do appreciate it. I’ll try to answer as many questions as I can.

My original intent was to install PE9.0 on the 2 Windows 7 machines, a Dell desktop and a Sony laptop. PE 2.0 does not seem to work too well with Windows 7. I had not intended to install the program on the XP machines; I did just to test if PE9.0 would work. The XP machines are a Dell desktop (2003) and a Dell laptop (2005).

The specs on the Dell desktop are as follows: XP Home Edition 2002—SP 3 Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz 3.19 GHz   2.00 GB of RAM  128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800 PRO     It is on this computer that I get the error message “Detected Generic Microsoft's display driver.” The latest driver for this card came out on September 22, 2004.

I’m not very concerned with the smoothness issues because PE2.0 works very well on both machines. Again, I installed PE 9.0 only for the purpose of testing

The specs on the Dell laptop are as follows: Windows XP  Media Center Edition Version 2002 SP 3Intel Pentium M Processor 1.73 GHz  1.73 GHz, 2.00 of RAM  ATI Mobility Radeon X300

I did delete the BadDrivers.txt file but it was regenerated. The problem still remains with The Sony Vaio laptop and PE 9.0. To repeat… My first intention was to install PE 9 on the two new machines running Windows 7. Unfortunately, the program does not seem to like the driver on the Sony Vaio laptop. I cannot go to the manufacturer's website for the driver; I must use only the driver on Sony's website.

I assume that the same problem will exist in the purchased copy because it is the same program. In any case, it would be interesting how many people who have Sony Vaio laptops have this program; also, has it reached the ears of Adobe?

Thank you, everyone, again…let’s see what happens.

Sincerely,

Alan Silberlight

• 30. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                    CMPTRMN2

I recently installed Premier 9, and the video playback does not work, only the sound works. I have Premier 4, and it works fine. I deleted the Baddrivers.txt file, but that didn't fix the issue. I took the option to update the NVIDIA driver, but I already have the latest. Can someone help me?

After selecting NEW PROJECT, when is shows on top right "Loading PlayerMediaCore.prm"

We have detected an imcompatible display driver. To get a Better and faster playback performance, please update your driver.
                                                                    Display Driver details:NVIDIA Corporation - GeForce 8600M GS/PCI/SS2 3.0 NVIDIA 187.66

From Windows Device Manager I selected update driver for NVIDIA, and seearch automatically for updated driver software(computer and internet), and it responds "The best driver software for your device is already installed. Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS"

This the NVIDIA Ge Force 8600M GS properties:
                                                                    Driver Provider: NVIDIA
                                                                    Driver Date: 10/3/2009
                                                                    Driver Version: 8.16.11.8766
                                                                    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I am using an HP Pavillion laptop, Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, RAM 4 GB, 64-bit Oprating System, Windows 7

Thanks,

CMPTRMN2

• 31. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

For the nVidia driver, you will want to go to the nVidia Site and plug in your card and OS. There you will find the latest driver. It is likely to be much newer than what you will find, going through Windows. For the 8600M, there is a very New Driver.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 32. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                        nealeh Level 5

For the 8600M on W7-64 the only driver nvidia offers is 179.48 Beta 11th February 009. This older than the current HP version CMPTRMN2 has.

Cheers,
                                                                        --
                                                                        Neale

• 33. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

CMPTRMN2

While you are working out the details of updating or not updating your current video driver, have you tried the simple (maybe effective for you) way of deleting the BadDrivers.txt file as suggested by Vijay? If so, what happened?

ATR

• 34. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

I must be looking in the wrong spot then, as this is what I see:

GEFORCE/ION DRIVER RELEASE 260

Version:

260.89 WHQL

Release Date:

2010.10.18

Operating System:

Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

Language:

English (U.S.)

File Size:

128 MB

• 35. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                              nealeh Level 5

Are you completing the form to select CMPTRMN2's exact model -  "NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS"?

1.png

which gives:

1.png

Cheers,
                                                                              --
                                                                              Neale

• 36. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                                CMPTRMN2 Level 1

Thankyou for your responses.

Hunt: Yes I went to NVIDIA, and entered all the info, and as Neale(thankyou Neale) says what I got was an older version
                                                                                  179.48 Beta 11th February 2009, the laptop has the driver from October 2009 187.66.

ATR: Yes, I deleted the BadDrivers.txt file, but I get the same error message, and it creates the BadDrivers.txt file again. I tried 3 times, but didn't fix anything.
                                                                                      The msg is: "We have detected an imcompatible display driver. To get a Better and faster playback performance, please update your driver.
                                                                                Display Driver details:NVIDIA Corporation - GeForce 8600M GS/PCI/SS2 3.0 NVID

I bought the Photoshop Elements 9 and Premier Elements 9 together, the Photoshop works great, but Premier doesn't. So I paid for 2 programs, but got only 1 that works. LOL

I am not sure why deleting BadDrivers.txt worked for some, but not for me.

Thanks,

CMPTRMN2

• 37. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

CMPTRMN2

I returned to this thread today to report the happenings with these display issues when I went from the Premiere Elements 9 trial version to the purchased version and was disappointed to learn that the BadDrivers.txt file deletion did not work for you.

But the real cause of the Premiere Elements 9 display issues remains clouded for me. Here is why. My Premiere Elements 9 trial version problems are documented here and elsewhere, those related to BadDrivers.txt file and the VideoRenderer.dll (that one was supposed to be related ONLY to the trial version). With the fixes (Vijay and Adobe Tech Note) suggested for those to focus points, Premiere Elements 9 trial version worked great, display and otherwise. I removed all traces of the program from my computer at day 30 of the tryout and waited about 5 days for the purchased copy to arrive. After installing the purchased copy two days ago, there have been NO problems with the display or otherwise. The Premiere Elements 9 purchased copy has NEVER given any incompatible drivers messages from the first new project to now two days later.

Yet,

a. same computer, Windows XP Professional SP3

b. same NVIDIA card with the same version that has been since before and after the trial version

c. no changes in the computer environment

This morning I have not gone back and reviewed all your prior posts on this matter. At this point, I would suggest

a. do a very complete and clean uninstall reinstall of your purchased Premiere Elements 9 (after Control Panel/Add & Remove Programs, clean out left overs in the Premiere Elements 9 program files)

b. after reinstall, open your first project and see if you get the incompatible driver message; if you do, delete the BadDrivers.txt file. Yes it will regenerate, but you should not be getting the warning message after you "delete" that file, and all should be well display wise.

I will be watching for your follow up.

ATR

• 38. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                                    Alan Silberlight Level 1

Update: I uninstalled the trial version of the program on the Sony Vaio laptop

and installed the disk version after having received it. Exact same problem. I will contact Adobe support and see if they have a resolution.

One other matter:

On both computers, when I attempt to click on Export, it is grayed out.

Has anyone had a resolution to either of these two issues?

Thank you very much.

Alan Silberlight

• 39. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem
                                                                                      nealeh Level 5

Since PRE8 nearly all the export features have been moved to the 'Share' tab. The only export item remaining relates to Titles.

Cheers,
                                                                                      --
                                                                                      Neale

1 2 Previous Next