0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2010 5:58 AM by IowaBoy9

can you add appliedCharStyle while creating hyperlink

IowaBoy9

I noticed that the menu to create a hyperlink manually now has an option to apply a character style to the text source. Is it possible to apply a character style while adding a hyperlink in JavaScript? I am using findGrep() to iterate through a large document adding hyperlinks to found text. I currently use changeGrepPreferences (see bottom of script below). But I thought it might be faster to use the new feature.

If it is possible to do apply the character style in while adding the hyperlink, how would I do it? My attempt below does not work.

var myDoc = app.activeDocument;

var charastyles = myDoc.characterStyles.everyItem().name;

app.changeGrepPreferences = NothingEnum.nothing;

app.findGrepPreferences = NothingEnum.nothing;

app.findGrepPreferences.findWhat = '[MAP][ELO][PR]S:';

var foundCodes = myDoc.findGrep()

for (var i = foundCodes.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {

switch (foundCodes[i].contents)

{

case "MEPS:": 

var _charStyle = app.activeDocument.appliedCharacterStyle = "Hyperlink";  //

var _hlinkSource = app.activeDocument.hyperlinkTextSources.add(foundCodes[i]);

var _destination = app.activeDocument.hyperlinkURLDestinations.add("http://www.meps.com");

app.activeDocument.hyperlinks.add(_hlinkSource, _destination, _charStyle) // <----this works without the _charStyle

break;

//three more cases go here

alert ("Not a good selection."); exit ()

}

}

//app.changeGrepPreferences.appliedCharacterStyle = 'Hyperlink'; <--- I have been using these lines to change the character style

//myDoc.changeGrep();

app.changeGrepPreferences = NothingEnum.nothing;

app.findGrepPreferences = NothingEnum.nothing;

alert ("Done")