• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help creating Knowledge Base. please!

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone here knows if RoboHelp 6 is the appropriate program to create Web Knowledge Base's like something like this http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?ISOCountryCode=us is that something custom made by that company or would robohelp make programs like that. if robohelp isn't what i need i'd appreciate any information on what could help me develop such a knowledge base. thank you all very much !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello explo1t,

I think that Deamweaver would be a better option. have a look at Peter's website, I beleive it was put together with DreamWeaver.

Grainge.org

Hope this helps,

Brian

Sorry, forgot, Welcome to the Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was indeed put together using Dreamweaver but I believe many people have created good knowledge bases using RoboHelp. Indeed my site was originally created using RoboHelp. I changed when Macromedia came along and RoboHelp was expected to die, plus the word was that IE7 was going to kill everything that roamed the earth. I knew the change would be a slow task so I had to make a decision on whether or not to risk problems that I could not immediately resolve.

Getting back to the question, the link shows pages created using PHP so you will need knowledge of that language. If you don't have that and are not of a technical persuasion, then RoboHelp will make a good repository for your information. To do it in Dreamweaver you will need to have a tool to create your menus and a tool to provide your search functions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just starting out, or are you combining a lot of existing WebHelp projects?

If the latter, I have a sugggestion on how to organize the knowledge base structure.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harvey,
I for one would be interested to learn more about your approach to organizing a knowledge base structure for multiple WebHelp projects.

Like explo1t, I too am trying to figure out how possible approaches for a knowledge base.

Regards,
Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Marie,

Please send me a private message so we can correspond via regular email.

Thanks

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp