• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RDS Servlet - is there a programmatic API (or even docs)?

Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RDS Servlet is often tricky, especially for dynamic services, especially when using the SpringFlex integration.

Also, there are cases where I would like to just generate the _Super_MyService.as files from a build script.

That is, in either case: generate the services.as files without needing to tweak all the settings in Eclipse,

running a server, connecting, etc.  It would be so nice to just point to the Service.class file and say: generateService

Has anyone delved into the RDS servlet enough to know if this is possible?

Can Adobe say if this is planned (or banned?)

Clearly, the code exists, we just need some docs or an API.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RDS is not documented. To generate a service, the cfc needs to be introspected. But if you want to do your own introspection of .class files

To generate services without having to contact CF server, you can try and write a plugin of your own using the DCD extensibility APIs.

The documentation is available at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flex/4.0/flashbuilder_extensibility/index.htm

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks.

I have a tool to create source code from the methods in a Java class file.

No need to actually load/run the code in a server just to create the services/_Super_xxx.as files

So I have solved my problem, seems a shame Adobe could not offer a cmdline interface of its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines