10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2010 2:20 PM by Milad.Ghattavi

flvplayback + fullscreen projector

Milad.Ghattavi

is there anyway to have a projector ALWAYS fullscreen, and use an flvplayback  component with fullscreen button at the same time?

it seems that they're somehow incompatible. if i have multiple instances of an flvplayback component on different scenes, when the projector is fullscreen, jumping to a scene with an flvplayback on it, leads to having a black screen only!

please help me use the proper codes. thanx.

• 1. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if you don't want your component (eg, flv) to take-over the fullscreen, use:

flv.fullScreenTakeOver=false;

• 2. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector
            Milad.Ghattavi Level 1

i know about this code.

the problem is something else. i say if you have multiple flvplaybacks on different scenes, you can't have fullscreen option; using fscommand("fullscreen","true");  or whatever else, cuz if the projector is fullscreen and u jump to a scene that has an flvplayback on it, it just shows a blank page.

• 3. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector
              Vikas_Sharma Level 2

Do not use scenes. They are not a good practice either - only promotes bloated source files.

Cheers

--Vikas

• 4. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector

i don't see that problem.

there's something else causing your problem.

• 5. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector
                  Milad.Ghattavi Level 1

there's definitely nothing else. cuz i tried doing this using the only things i talked about. outside my main project! i bet it's a bug in flash. and many people around the internet have complained about this!

not using scenes?! r u kidding? they're a great feature. i have a big projedct that can't be done without scenes. i have about 40 scenes in my project!!!!i it's definitely not possible doing all the job in 1 timeline. it wouldn't be optimized either.

flash is VERY VERY buggy. i've been trying to find a way to go around the bugs and pass them. but some of them are just so stupid. whatever bug i come across, people have talked about on the net.

i don't like these bugs and it's really weird that these bugs come from a big company like adobe. and with a software famous as flash!!

• 6. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector

what cs version are you using?

• 7. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector
                      Milad.Ghattavi Level 1

adobe flash cs5 professional with the latest update!

• 8. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector
                        Vikas_Sharma Level 2

Hi Milad,

If you have so many scenes and each complicated and large enough not to conveniently sit on a single timeline, I wonder what's the size of the project.

I would still recommend doing them in different files, publishing as separate swfs and load in the main file inside a UILoader component on an as needed basis.

Since at first look it seems splitting a big project into scenes makes it more manageable, that might be true for you, but for Flash - the application - it is still a bloated content which it has to process and publish with every change.

I know there is no official documentation about the top limits of Flash in terms of size, complexity, number of layers, number scenes, objects, components, etc one can create in one file and expect Flash to perform well.... and that makes it more important for us to follow best practices, even if that means a little more work. Trust me it will save you a lot of hassles with the software itself. Since it is not human - don't fight it, use it as best as you can

How I feel like switching from technology to philosophy

Cheers

--Vikas

• 9. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector

it works for me using cs5.

• 10. Re: flvplayback + fullscreen projector
                            Milad.Ghattavi Level 1

everything loads ok and fast. it's just that I COULD run my project

perfectly fine IF and only IF adobe included the feature/ability to have the menu bar of the flash player removed when creating a windows projector.

i've searched about other ways to make this happen. like 3rd party softwares such as ZINC. they make the project a little slow. and i'm not sure it's even gonna work with the bugs flash itself has!

i'm trying "autopay media studio" from indigorose. it runs the flash smooth and fast. and i can simply remove the menu bar! so my project would look bold and professional.

i thought i might be able to do the fullscreen thing without a problem, within the flash. but it turned out that flash let me down!

i mean even if I open my project fullscreen with no problem (which isn't actually true), i still have to deal with users pressing escape key when their viewing a video inside my fullscreen project. you know what happens? if a video inside the flvplayback is in fullscreen and at the same time your project is in fullscreen, when the user exits the flvplayback fullscreen with the Escape key, the whole project isn't fullscreen anymore!

i know you're probably thinkin why not use a code that detects the exit fullscreen and make the project fullscreen again, but as i said earlier, there's another problem and it's that when i try to have a fullscreen project, with 2 scenes and flvplaybacks on each of them, switching between scenes just makes flash load a blank page!