5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 12:30 AM by krillekarlsson72

CS5 computer, need feedback

krillekarlsson72

Hi,

I need a computer for Production Premium CS5. (Besides Photoshop) I will use it for HDV/AVCHD in Premier Pro. The following configuration is what I have come up with so far (besides burner and a few things I left out). I will not overclock and this is close to my budget.

CM Storm Sniper Black Edition
      Corsair HX 750W PSU
      ASUS P6X58D-E, X58, Socket-1366
      Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950
      CoolIT Systems OEM ECO A.L.C. CPU Kylare
      Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 12GB CL9
      ASUS GeForce GTX 480 1536MB PhysX CUDA
      3 x Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
      Crucial RealSSD C300 2,5" 128GB

Win Pro 7

Any thoughts?

I have a few questions:

• Haven't heard much about the Crucial SSD except that the reviews are very good, besides writing speed that is average, but for OS I got the impression that it is great, any thoughts?
      • I might go for RAID if I buy a few more disc (besides 1 SSD + 3 F3 that I have now), is there some limitation if I would go for RAID0 with this computer?
      • Will the HX 750 be ok or am I better of with TX 850? (the HX 850 is not possible to choose with this store). I will not run SLI, but might add a BR burner and some more disc.
      • Is it possible that the it is different from US to Europe with the difference in volt and 50Hz vs 60Hz? stupid question maybe but I have in local forums in Sweden heard that 750W is enough but in other international people seems to go toward 1000W with simular config.

I am very thankfull for any comment and hope that you have patience with some "stupid" questions.

/Christian