13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2010 3:13 AM by ArrowUpRight

Tag for Image

ArrowUpRight

Hello everyone!

Is there a tag for an image, and, is there a tag for one inDesign document to placed into another?

Or, is this a script-only feature, and how to get started on it?

• 1. Re: Tag for Image
          ArrowUpRight Level 2

Please help.

Do not ask of ready solution, just is it possible or not.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Tag for Image
            Harbs. Level 6

I don't understand the question.

What are you trying to do?

Harbs

• 3. Re: Tag for Image
              ArrowUpRight Level 2

Thank you Harbs, i just wanna know, is it possible to declare an image inside of tagged text file, something like <image>ImagePath</image>

or i'm about to use some scripts to change image paths in text frame to images?

i know that such scripts existed, i just wanna know, is it possible without using any script?

Thank you for reply.

• 4. Re: Tag for Image
                Kasyan Servetsky Level 5

You can do this with Xtags plug-in using &pb2 tag for anchored picture box or &pbu2 for unanchored picture box. You can control a lot of parameters in these tags: x, y position, width, height, box angle, box skew, flags, item runaround, frame width, frame color, frame shade, frame style, background color, background shade, text outset, placement, picture scale x, picture scale y, picture offset x, picture offset y, picture angle, picture skew, picture path name, picture type, box name, layer name.

Kasyan

• 5. Re: Tag for Image
                  ArrowUpRight Level 2

It looks like an ad. Thank you Kasyan, but what about to do it with my own?

Is this possible or not, without any scripts or software?

Maybe, this is not a right topic for me, is there a topic for tagged text users?

• 6. Re: Tag for Image
                    ArrowUpRight Level 2

My goal, is to develop a Flex Application, that could save the .txt file, wich then could be imported to Indesign, so me want it to contain multiple paragraphs of formatted text, and images as paragraphs, so i wonder, if i can place images from my App, not from inDesign.

• 7. Re: Tag for Image
                      Harbs. Level 6

No. There is no built in functionality like that.

Harbs

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Tag for Image
                        Kasyan Servetsky Level 5

No, this is not ad -- I just wrote a script that applies formatting that can't be applied by the tags (object styles) to such images a while ago.

Is this possible or not, without any scripts or software?

Yes, you don't need script for this. The client I wrote this script for, generates tagged text with her own database software. I think you can create such text with your own program, by script or just by typing it in Notepad. You can't place images from your application but you can generate a tagged text file and ID will place images on importing it.

Kasyan

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Tag for Image
                          ArrowUpRight Level 2

Yes, now i realize that there is no way to declare an image in the tagged text without 3d party software.

This is the result, too.

But, honestly, do not uderstand why Adobe didn.t include such feature in the markup language.

Kasyan, as i read the desciption on em's website, this is a cool software!

But, the demo does not work for me, unfortunately. I placed the

<&pb(1”, 0.75”,,,,,,,,,A,,,,,,,“?Container Ship.jpg”)>

from the manual's example, it causes a Runtime Error when import, ID falled.

Thanks for discussing this nooby issue.

• 10. Re: Tag for Image
                            Kasyan Servetsky Level 5

But, the demo does not work for me, unfortunately. I placed the

<&pb(1”, 0.75”,,,,,,,,,A,,,,,,,“?Container Ship.jpg”)>

from the manual's example, it causes a Runtime Error when import, ID falled.

Surely it won't work. xtg file looks like so:

<v2.00><e9>
                            @basic - bold=<z10cKfs"Regular">
                            @headings=[S"","[No paragraph style]"]<f"ArialMT">
                            @Classification name=[S"","Classification name"]<f"ArialMT">
                            @classification subheading=[S"","classification subheading"]<f"ArialMT">
                            @basic listing=[S"","basic listing"]<f"ArialMT">
                            @bold entry=[S"","bold entry"]
                            @inline image=[S"","inline image"]
                            @cross reference=[S"","cross reference"]<f"ArialMT">

Create a simple document and export it to a tagged text file from Xtag's menu, not directly from InDesign. Then open it in a text editor, experiment by making some changes -- e.g. add a picture box -- save and import it back into an InDesign document.

Kasyan

• 11. Re: Tag for Image
                              ArrowUpRight Level 2

Can you please direct me where can i find such menu? Didn't found it. Where to click to get it? I use ID CS5, Windows, and the last demo version of Xtags

• 12. Re: Tag for Image
                                Kasyan Servetsky Level 5

I don't have Xtags installed any more -- demo is over.

If I remember correctly File → Save Text with Xtags…

• 13. Re: Tag for Image
                                  ArrowUpRight Level 2

There IS built-in functionality like that!

The correct answer was, "use href attribute of any XML node to load a picture".

Thank you all anyway for support.