1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 5:24 AM by nimigeanu

Is possible for limit upload speed using Netstream or Netgroup   ?

linshihcheng

hello everyone

my English is very poor.

Is possible for limit upload speed using Netstream or Netgroup   ?

how can I do if flash could control the upload speed

and flash seems just allow user load or save file which is not over 100mb

so , It's impossible for using flash be a web peers to peers with large file now ?  (when user just want click save once)

• 1. Re: Is possible for limit upload speed using Netstream or Netgroup   ?
          nimigeanu Level 2

Hello,

If you are sending audio and/or video through the NetStream you can set the bitrate of these via Microphone.encodeQuality/rate and Camera.setQuality. If you are sending data you would have to constantly poll the NetStreamInfo and delay sending messages if the bytes per second exceed your set value.

For NetGroup, you would again need to poll NetGroupInfo and limit/delay on addHaveObjects, writeRequestedObject.

To my knowledge the 100MB limit is only for file upload or download and even that is not an imposed limit but a recommended maximum.

Since FP 10 you can load and save files into/from flash and they can theoretically be any size.

The problem with large files in flash player is that all the file data is being loaded into or saved from RAM memory and one cannot buffer loading and saving nor transparently create swap or temp files to offload memory usage.

This is unlike AIR where you have both the FileStream and possibility to read/write to files without a dialog, but I understand you want this web based...